Amplifier Choice Help

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hello!

I am upgrading the sound system of my 94 Bronco and I have a question. The following speakers are the ones I'm going to buy:

Doors: Rockford Fosgate F1650 6.5" Punch Series

Rear: 6X8 Rockford Fosgate P1683 Punch Series

Bass: Custom box with Rockford Fosgate P3D4 4-Ohm 12" Subwoofer.

I'd like to add 2 amplifiers to this car in order to not strain a single one too much, since all of these speakers amount to almost 1000W of power consumption.

What amplifier would you recommend for the subwoofer? I've found a few 1000-1200W amplifiers for the sub (a bit overkill, I know), but they all fall down to 500-600W at 4Ohm.

And what amplifier is recommended for the other 4 speakers? I belive the entire power usage for those is like 250-300W.

And yes, I will be upgrading my Bronco with a 175A alternator as well as a new battery and a DSP in the chain.

Thanks!

Hello!
I am upgrading the sound system of my 94 Bronco and I have a question. The following speakers are the ones I'm going to buy:

Doors: Rockford Fosgate F1650 6.5" Punch Series

Rear: 6X8 Rockford Fosgate P1683 Punch Series

Bass: Custom box with Rockford Fosgate P3D4 4-Ohm 12" Subwoofer.

I'd like to add 2 amplifiers to this car in order to not strain a single one too much, since all of these speakers amount to almost 1000W of power consumption.

What amplifier would you recommend for the subwoofer? I've found a few 1000-1200W amplifiers for the sub (a bit overkill, I know), but they all fall down to 500-600W at 4Ohm.

And what amplifier is recommended for the other 4 speakers? I belive the entire power usage for those is like 250-300W.

And yes, I will be upgrading my Bronco with a 175A alternator as well as a new battery and a DSP in the chain.

Thanks!
#1 the sub is s dual 4 ohm not a 4 ohm so it will wire down to a 2 ohm load.. so u can get an amp that'll do say 800rms at 2 ohm and that would be good (u always want more power than sub is rated for) also u can get the d2 version and wire to 1 ohm so that may open up more amp options just depends on what amp u like or how much u want to spend.. 1 of the best if not the best budget 4 channel is the pioneer 8604 it tested to do more power than rated (u can adjust amp down some and it won't have to work as hard as smaller amp) if u want to stay with d4 (2ohm) sub u can get the jbl gtx500 tested at 800rms or stick with pioneer and get the 8601 which also does 800rms BUT it does 800 at 1 ohm so u would have to get the d2 sub wired at 1 ohm to make that worth while

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.