cas0586

6.5" Passive Component Set Suggestions

Looking for recommendations for a 6.5" passive component set. I will be using a Precision Power P900.4 amplifer to drive these and the rear door 5.25"(also tbd). I currently have a set of CDT Audio MX-6CV.2 being driven by this amplifier. I feel I need a bit more midbass. Is there anything in the ~$200 range worthwhile or should I just stick with what I currently have? Will be moving these from one vehicle to another(new dd). Thanks all.

Run them active. No rears

Or get the install right if it isn’t.

2014 Ford Fusion SE 2.0T

JBL MS-8

Zapco ST-4X SQ, ST-1000XMii

IDQ12v4 1.8cu sealed

Alpine SPX Pro ring radiators

Hertz HV165XL

Knuconceptz OFC, Custom fit Soundrive RCAs.

Run them active. No rears

Or get the install right if it isn’t.

Nothing wrong with the install, but if I can find something better I am willing to purchase if it is in that budget. I am going to be swapping these to another vehicle if I stay with them. I could go active but I am not sure how much power the tweeters on that set can handle. I do not see it on the specs anywhere.

Nothing wrong with the install, but if I can find something better I am willing to purchase if it is in that budget. I am going to be swapping these to another vehicle if I stay with them. I could go active but I am not sure how much power the tweeters on that set can handle. I do not see it on the specs anywhere.

most can handle 100 watts easy with good crossover points and slope control. Did you do full acoustical treatments? no just deadening alone with CLD tiles is no where near good enough. Most midbasses want 200 watts before they reach the point where they produce clean midbass. You can also lower all other frequencies to match the amount of midbass and raise overall output level as well with your tune.

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS................................Mids/Highs amp: CT 500.2, ppi 600.2, ppi 900.4 bridged

Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.

320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.