Sign in to follow this  
ComaSkillz

Speaker Help

I am looking to upgrade all of my speakers in my 2017 Chevy impala. Unfortunately, it didn't come with the bose audio package so I only have the door speakers and dash speakers (looks like the dash speakers are tweeters and the front AND rear door speakers are 6-1/2) Not looking to spend a ridiculous amount on them. I am starting a new build and need some decent door speakers to overcome my 2 zv5 15's. I like mostly rap so I like to hear the snares and other instruments loud and clear as well as the voice obviously. Any advice is greatly appreciated! :hapydanc:

This thread gonna go like the last one you started, where you ask for input and don't respond to anyone who gives it? Except to come back 7 months later to talk shit to the one person who gave an opinion you didn't like?

Just plug the holes with any speaker that fits and put power on them. Any more effort than that will be a waste on all our parts.

Saying "clipping doesn't kill speakers" is a half-truth at best. Technically no, clipping itself does not hurt the speaker. But in clipping your amp, you can easily create a situation that WILL kill the speaker. Was the squared waveform the DIRECT cause of the failure? No. In the end, the answer is, always has been, and can only be... heat kills speakers. BUT, clipping increases heat generation, sometimes by a drastic amount. So to start a thread simply to state that clipping does not hurt speakers is, again, a half-truth at best.

This thread gonna go like the last one you started, where you ask for input and don't respond to anyone who gives it? Except to come back 7 months later to talk shit to the one person who gave an opinion you didn't like?

Just plug the holes with any speaker that fits and put power on them. Any more effort than that will be a waste on all our parts.

I miss Papermaker too.

I miss Papermaker too.
lmao

I legit belted out a laugh at my desk, that was pretty good.

Saying "clipping doesn't kill speakers" is a half-truth at best. Technically no, clipping itself does not hurt the speaker. But in clipping your amp, you can easily create a situation that WILL kill the speaker. Was the squared waveform the DIRECT cause of the failure? No. In the end, the answer is, always has been, and can only be... heat kills speakers. BUT, clipping increases heat generation, sometimes by a drastic amount. So to start a thread simply to state that clipping does not hurt speakers is, again, a half-truth at best.

I am looking to upgrade all of my speakers in my 2017 Chevy impala. Unfortunately, it didn't come with the bose audio package so I only have the door speakers and dash speakers (looks like the dash speakers are tweeters and the front AND rear door speakers are 6-1/2) Not looking to spend a ridiculous amount on them. I am starting a new build and need some decent door speakers to overcome my 2 zv5 15's. I like mostly rap so I like to hear the snares and other instruments loud and clear as well as the voice obviously. Any advice is greatly appreciated! :hapydanc:

with the power youre pushing in your trunk, youre gonna need something loud af to get you where you want to be. If youre listening to decaf stuff, Jeff was exactly correct with his reply in your last thread, but if youre listening to rap that hasnt been altered then you can still benefit from some good speakers.

there are 3 options id suggest. first, some PA mids and tweets run with a good amount of power on an active crossover. Second, some less aggressive but smoother mids and tweets run active also and with decent power. third, either of the first two with passive crossovers but even more power.

PA mid

https://www.parts-express.com/prv-audio-6mb200-4-6-1-2-midbass-woofer-4-ohm--294-2703

milder mid but smoother frequency response

https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-dc160-8-6-1-2-classic-woofer--295-305

or

https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/silver-flute-woofers-6-7/silver-flute-w17rc38-04-ohm-6-1/2-wool-cone/

tweeter for either choice

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NBC25UM/ref=twister_B07C1BFBMK?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

amp for any of the above suggestions

https://www.amazon.com/Zapco-ST-4XSQ-Studio-Channel-Amplifier/dp/B013F34IU6/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1528292070&sr=1-4&keywords=zapco+4+channel

i didnt check the impedance of any of those 6.5's but just make sure theyre maximum of 4 ohm

2002 Honda Accord sedan V6 (automatic slushbox)

2 Rockford p3 12s (dual 2 ohm)

Pioneer AVH-2300NEX

2 PPI PC275's running 1 sub each atm, waiting to put the SQ 2200.1 back in and add the PhoenixGold Elite.4 once my electrical is up to snuff

Front stage:PRV Audio 6MB200 6.5 and Massive Audio CT2 tweeters

Rear speakers: stock

I just added 5 SoundQubed stickers, and despite having no equipment upgrades, it added 76 DB!!!