Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By E2theloc
      What would you guys say is the best bang for the buck? so far im thinking about getting a hifonics colossus 3200 @ 2 ohms for about $450

What are your guys thoughts/opinions?
      Gimme some idea's

plz & thnks
    • By s94658
      I received an old mmats amp passed down to me but am unsure of exactly which model it is. Was wondering if someone could help me out.

There is a sticker on the outside that is wearing away that says SQ2150 however I opened it up to check out the guts and the board says LM series on it. Any help would be great. Thanks
    • By harshglare
      Review of Subwoofer or Speaker: CVR12 vs AW1200Q vs 12W1v2-4

Ever wonder how your old school subs stack up to a newer one?

Here is a real world test of three subs put in the exact same box run by the exact same amp and head unit.

The two boxes are sealed and are about 1.60 ft3 with out the speakers. The amp is a PPI PCX2200 (200x2 @ 4, 400x2 @ 2 with dampening >500) filtered for subs. Head Unit is an Alpine CDA9886.

First subs to be put in my set up was back in 2004: 2 Kicker Comp VRs with a dual 4 ohm VC set to for a 2 ohm load. This sub had a long break in period with good detail and decent bottom. The Comp VRs sounded like they wanted a bigger box. These performed well until I burnt out the VC probably due to clipping while using the Q-Bass feature on the PCX2200.

The second subs were put in some time around late 2005 I got a deal on Audiobahn's AW1200Q: these did not take long to break in and had slightly better SQ than the Comp VRs but way better bottom: almost endless. The subs performed well but was destroyed when the lead wires that are bonded to the spider tore off leading to a VC misalignment: they did last for 5 years, so I felt that I got good use of them.

The VC on the Comp VRs were not burnt out at this time, so I simply reinstalled them. After about a year, I started to miss the bottom that the AW1200Q put out so I bumped up the Q-Bass on the PCX2200 and promptly fried the Comp VRs VC over time.

The third set were JL12Wv2-4, I really should have set them up for a 2 ohm load but they do not have dual VC. These were the best for SQ; I suspect that this was due to the 4 ohm load. I could tell that there was some bottom there but it was not hitting it so I bridged the subs and the amp and that proved to be a bad thing as the PCX2200 wants a 4 ohm load when bridged: I fried them.

At this point, I came to the conclusion that I needed more bass period: a stronger amp that would not clip and subs that could take the beating.

I have just received my JL 100/1 and am waiting on 12W3v3-8 to come in so I can give them a run: stay tuned for that review.

Conclusion:

Kicker COMP VRs give you a good run for the money, but, from what I understand, Kicker has been resting on their laurels and have not introduced any significant technologies since 2005.

SQ: 5
      Bass: 6
      Build Quality: 6

Audiobahn AW1200Qs hit deeper and have an edge on the VRs SQ. I have been told that AB no longer makes their speakers as good as the AW1200Qs

SQ: 6
      Bass: 8
      Build Quality: 7

The JL 12W1v2-4s are, by far the most technology advanced of the three: as it should be: these subs are 5 years newer than the other two. Like I said the SQ was probably due to the 4 ohm load. I feel the "bullet-proofness" on the 12W1s, while advanced, was comparable to the Comp VRs.

SQ: 7
      Bass: 7
      Build Quality: 6

Hope you enjoyed this three way old school versus new school comparison and I invite your insights on the issue or any thoughts on my upcoming sub system.
    • By El1T3Bass
      Item(s) for Sale:

PPI Sedona 500 IQX

Item(s) Description/Condition:

its in kind of rough condition by the mounting holes from the previous owner didnt know how to screw in a screw
      condition 7.5/10
      function 10/10

700x1 @4ohms
      350x2 @2ohms

and its 2 feet long

Price:

200 plus ship OBO

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

ill shipp through where ever seller wishes.

will do trades on this so offer up.

Item Pictures:

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).
    • By DarkScorpion
      Item(s) for Sale:

Coustic Power Logic AMP-360

Item(s) Description/Condition:

65w x 2 @ 4ohms
      75w x 2 @ 2ohms (assumed)
      150w x 2 @ 4 ohms bridged

Old school Coustic Power Logic Amp-360. Awesome sound quality; it surprised me when I tested it out. I actually sat there for 30 minutes just listening to music; the video does it no justice. I wouldn't hesitate to use this on an SQ install for some mids or tweets. Cosmetics could be better, but the amp is still pretty clean IMO. The pictures will explain it the best. I have no gut pics, as I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to pull the back plate off - it seems like some of the caps inside are actually bonded to the back plate (on purpose) as per Coustic's design. I didn't want to try pulling it off and risk damaging the caps, so I just took a video of it playing some music to show it works fine. The video posted shows it's in good working condition. The included fuse is the wrong size - should be ~40A, but I just used what I had on hand.

Price:

$55 + shipping

Item Pictures: