Toyota Camry 2014.5 car audio newbie setup

Participant count
  • Participant list

Maxim

ATX
Hi, guys!

I'm new to the forum so hi there to all of you!

I apologize if this is not right place to post this kind of question and please move me to the right spot if so.

Since a few weeks I'm an owner of Toyota Camry 2014.5 with Entune Audio: 6.1" Touch Screen, 6 Spkrs.

I decided to upgrade my car audio and planning to do it myself as a fun project, want to keep my Toyota head unit, ... so far I came up with following setup:

Sub:

JL Audio CP212-W0V3 Dual 12"

5 channel Amp:

Pioneer GM-D9605 Gm Digital Series Class D

3 pai of speakers:

JBL CLUB 9630 6x9" 3-way Coaxial Speaker System

Door insulation:

Dynamat for better sound quality

Is it worth investing right when I'm starting my project? will it have a significant impact on my sound?

Can I consider it as a later on upgrade?

Cables:

KnuKonceptz KCA Complete 4 Gauge Amp Installation Kit

No idea about the cables so far so I just picked whatever amazon suggest as the most often bought together with amp:)

This will be my first time doing this kind of job, am I being to ****y relaying on YouTube tutorials //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif?

Questions:

- is this a good setup for a buck (considering that my music will be mostly electronic trance/house sometimes hip hop),

- do i need any other hardware that I did not listed?,

- is the installation of that kind of configuration too much for the patient newbie like me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif?,

- is the choise od the hardware optimal considering the car: would be better to get to subs to install on the two sides of trunk instead of one?,

- do I need some additional screen to install to get some additional EQ setting? maybe is there a way to use a phone for that purpose?,

- is there a set of tools beside the regular screw drawers and knifes that I should consider to purchase?

- what other questions should I ask?

Thanks a lot for all help!

i'd get better sub (not jl overpriced) if u want sealed box u can get a dayton sub.. i wouldn't even buy rear speakers get bigger mono amp for sub and 2 channel for front speakers run rears off hu or not at all most of us don't run them..

Some thoughts. Does the amp have "high level inputs"? If not you will need line out converter.

If you need more EQ/processing options and don't want to get rid of the factory head unit it will be pricey before you get into anything worth owning.

Sound deadening is almost always worthwhile.

As far as tools you'll need sockets to get seats out and a panel pry tool (kits can be had for cheap online) will come in handy to pry up trim and pop door panels. Some Klien's are good for cutting, trimming, and crimp connecting wires. Otherwise it's screwdriver work and if you are creative you can probably get by without the other stuff even... though sockets are probably mandatory since a lot of stock speakers use small bolts these days.

IMO your product selection should be OK but you may want to post up the price you plan to pay for each and perhaps folks will have better options for the money or know of a better place to buy the same thing.

- is the installation of that kind of configuration too much for the patient newbie like me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif?,
Hi there. You seem to be deep into your research. There is an awful lot to consider for a car audio project.

What prompted you to start on this?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.