Holy mother of god, Powerbase PBX 15" installed

stangme01
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
all I have to say is this sub is ******* LOUD! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/clap.gif.178cba2c538c68e720c727fcb024b19c.gif

I was expecting some "so so" sound but it really does sound VERY nice indeed as others have said. I put it in a 4.2 cube net tuned to 28hz 42 sq in. of port with 2200w and man its just overwhelming //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I could take the output of my xxx 15" ported with 2000w, add the output of my Orion H2 15" with 2000w and thats about how loud the PBX is with 2000w //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wacky.gif.cf4a48f9e6dfe9504ffd2c946fd2f340.gif

It sounds VERY similar to my Magnum 15" But gets louder, alot louder. Just incredible, anyone who is in the market for a very good sounding SPL sub this sub is just incredible.

actually I started selling them, just sold the h2 and xxx to a few guys on SD.com cause the wife started wondering how much I had invested in all my subs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Down low? VERY nice, in the manual it says even with a 35hz tune the f3 is 28hz, so in a 28hz tuned box it should be well down into the 25-26hz range.

The more I listen to it and tweek my eq the more I love this sub, its by far the funnest sub I've ever heard. I don't like the sound of 99% of SPL subs, they aren't accurate at all, just get loud. But this sub is VERY accurate for an SPL sub. As I said its really close to sounding like a Magnum D2 just gets louder.

I wondered about that since so many people were saying it sounded REALLY good. You cannot beat this sub all around. Now I'm glad I got rid of my stock cause this baby is staying in for a while //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

And I have to say i LOVE bass but I could NEVER see getting a 2nd one, i literally thing I could go deaf of of just this single sub and amp alone if I drove this car all week (just my weekend car).

Oh and btw Powerbase makes all the subs for Memphis, like the Mojo, reference. All of them and supposedly Powerbase keeps the best they make in the powerbase line. Just some food for thought //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

****, you making it harder for me to choose my subs. I might have to get 2 of these and put 1000 watts on each.
That would be insane //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif I promise anyone i mean anyone who buys one, whether you are looking for a good SQ sub that gets loud, or an SQL sub, or an SPL sub, or an SPL sub that sounds good you will NOT be dissappointed no matter what. I've been dissappointed for one reason or another by almost every sub I've bought, this is the 1 sub that has just put a big ass smile on my face. I'm big into accuracy and "SQ" and this sub pulls it off incredibly well, but I wanted something that got REALLY loud for once and it pulled that off ALOT better than expected //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/clap.gif.178cba2c538c68e720c727fcb024b19c.gif

yeah this sub is a monster. i heard the 12 with 1000 going to it in the back of an intrepid, dang this just pounds! and its so accurate! i still want my sx though.

yeah its just awesome man, if only i could express how good it sounds everyone would buy one //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif And no i have absolutely no connection to powerbase, never even really heard of them that much till I did some searches. I've heard or owned just about every sub out there and nothing has impressed me overall as much as this sub.

Got it, Powerbaseusa.com .

Never seen the Xtremes, but did see the other ones.

How much do the xtremes run? Where can i get em?

And how does it compare the SQ of XXX?

SQ is incredible, its a much "tighter" sounding sub than the xxx. I honestly wouldn't think 99% of people would prefer the xxx over the PBX for sound alone. Only because the xxx doesn't have much response above 50hz so for rock/metal type music its not responding the high quick bass notes like the PBX does. The xxx is a really accurate sub but its a true sub and doesn't play 1/2 the frequencies the PBX does. I prefer the PBX sound over the xxx alot more. It keeps up with every single beat from 25hz-100hz if you wanted it to. Just incredible for accuracy and SPL. it blends REALLY well with my 6's because of that. WIth the xxx IMO you need some pretty major midbass (like 8" with 500w each major) to blend really well if you want balanced really loud.

its Powerbase's top of the line sub, not the evolution sub. Its last years model with the black basket. Only difference this year is that the basket is chrome.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.