Sa-10s under powered?

Just recently hooked up two Sa - 10 2ohm subs in series/parallel to cab 1600.1 amp at 2ohm load and I am not seeing much of a difference between them and the p3sd2-10 shallow mounts I had in there prior. I am thinking they may be underpowered or i am an idiot for upgrading subs for minimal to no more performance, shredder go ahead and bust me on this one lol

Just recently hooked up two Sa - 10 2ohm subs in series/parallel to cab 1600.1 amp at 2ohm load and I am not seeing much of a difference between them and the p3sd2-10 shallow mounts I had in there prior. I am thinking they may be underpowered or i am an idiot for upgrading subs for minimal to no more performance, shredder go ahead and bust me on this one lol
told u to try to trade them.. or u will have to get a 2ohm taramp to power them well

Yea im going to try and return them, already emailed the guy to see what options i have. I figured these would over power my old setup, not even close.
if you used the same box for the p3 shallow mounts then thats your issue. Completely user error in terms of system design not the sub's fault. Also why did you wire to 2 ohms... drop the b*tch to half ohm.

Also they dont need a lot of power to get loud, just a properly done ported box firing the proper direction. If you have the subs in that fox box, then thats your issue, its a sh*t designed box. Already told you in another thread that four 8s forward firing with port side firing boxes is the way to go in trucks. Up firing foxboxes are just sh*t.

I cant find any box designs for 2010 f150 dual 10 ported to begin building a box to match the subs
just do some math or pay someone for a proper box design. Would have still been cheaper to build it yourself with the design over the fox box and performance would be 10x better.

Yea im going to try and return them, already emailed the guy to see what options i have. I figured these would over power my old setup, not even close.
Are you referring to the SA-10's in the foxbox vs the shallows in the same foxbox?... the shallows are louder huh?

Nah... you already feel sheepish for getting two dual 2's I'm sure... just try and return them and for gods sake... realize that that foxbox is better off with the shallow mount subs in it... those SA's need space to breathe and some port area as well... you'll need to get a box built... or do it yourself... but you got a project now... lol... an underseat box is no easy build and plans may be hard to come by... if you can figure the volume... someone on this forum will probably assist you in figuring the port size and diameter...

basically get the biggest enclosure you can fit, Use a 4 inch aeroport, make it removeable, start long and continue chopping up length until you reach desired goals. AKA the experiment and test style of box building.

if you used the same box for the p3 shallow mounts then thats your issue. Completely user error in terms of system design not the sub's fault. Also why did you wire to 2 ohms... drop the b*tch to half ohm.
Also they dont need a lot of power to get loud, just a properly done ported box firing the proper direction. If you have the subs in that fox box, then thats your issue, its a sh*t designed box. Already told you in another thread that four 8s forward firing with port side firing boxes is the way to go in trucks. Up firing foxboxes are just sh*t.
What was the depth of the enclosure for the shallow subs? Typically short, small boxes. I ask because how did he manage to fit 2 SA 10's in there?!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.