Forget about questionable grounds

Participant count
  • Participant list
as devil's advocate, that's a big ol' 'nope' from me.

ive seen a lot of newer power wiring products come out geared towards the local shop installer which lessens install time, material, and cost, and i guess liability in having to tear further into the car for a proper grounding source, but i wouldnt like holes arbitrarily placed in my under body and coated with just a greasy dielectric gel (stuff is meant more for sheathed contacts and plugs and not meant for direct exposure to road debris),.. which these types of kits practically facilitate when the novice starting an install job sees this as industry standard for squeezing pennies, especially if they dont know about galvanic corrosion (ugh).

if you gotta go this route, use battery terminal protector spray on top and heavily paint and undercoat your floorpans and wells underneath.

idk, im just old fashioned and like to run comparable grounding runs or dig into the structure a lil more for a beefy oem fastening point to terminate if dedicated grounds are not in the cards.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.