frame grounds?

Participant count
  • Participant list
I've used existing bolts and put my ring terminals through them and called it a day. No I didn't clean off the area where the bolt came out from. Probably because it's a part of my subframe brace. Haven't had voltage issues. I'm also using 4/0 for my battery to chassis grounds

I would use bulkhead compression fittings and seal with rtv or butyl for inside outside point. They come in brass, pvc. Etc
Flat lockwasher and a locking washer that bites into the frame something the size of the connection your using. Coat with a heavy primer than rhino line.

I like to run to the frame cleaned off with the coating of the ring terminal sanded down and either utilize an existing bolt or find a hole in the frame to run a hardened bolt and sandwich between the washers and use another nut to lock in place. Run the ground wire to a solid distribution block to amplifiers. Three runs for up to 6 batteries. Never had an issue with grounds. I think its a waste of money to run Ground wire from battery to rear for grounding purposes when its a shorter distance and i feel like its a better ground to frame at the rear.Ill hit it with Silicone and then a shot of Gloss paint. No issues

I like to run to the frame cleaned off with the coating of the ring terminal sanded down and either utilize an existing bolt or find a hole in the frame to run a hardened bolt and sandwich between the washers and use another nut to lock in place. Run the ground wire to a solid distribution block to amplifiers. Three runs for up to 6 batteries. Never had an issue with grounds. I think its a waste of money to run Ground wire from battery to rear for grounding purposes when its a shorter distance and i feel like its a better ground to frame at the rear.Ill hit it with Silicone and then a shot of Gloss paint. No issues
I ran power and ground to the rear and came to a happy realization that I could use the extra one If I wanted to run more power down the road. Turnin' that frown upside down. :)

ok. me and a buddy are going to actually more than likely tap 4 holes into frame. run bolts to the frame and secure like that. also my truck has the under coating. so should i just grab some rubber spray and call it a day or should i hit it with something else. then use that rubber spray

I drilled and tapped my frame, removed enough paint so no part of the ring terminal was touching paint, then covered it all with "liquid electrical tape". My frame is boxed, so i couldn't use a nut. Be sure to use loctite.

If you use Two nuts and tighten them together/Lock them in place.. You dont have to spend $10 bucks on Loctite. I was just at the Local A.Zone and was staring at the price of a small tube, I was like WTF??? Just paid a little over $12 bucks for 1 quart of Mobile 1 20k+ Synthetic 5w-30??$8 for the Cheapest can of spray brake cleaner $10bucks for small can of PB and $3 for a double Snickers bar.. LOL👀👀:poop:

ok. me and a buddy are going to actually more than likely tap 4 holes into frame. run bolts to the frame and secure like that. also my truck has the under coating. so should i just grab some rubber spray and call it a day or should i hit it with something else. then use that rubber spray
Hit it and then use like some Rubber spray.It will stick better

Hit it and then use like some Rubber spray.It will stick better
got it, thanks
ill post some pics when we get to doing this next week
he builds racecars and **** so i think he would have everything i need for this.

lucky for us we both work at the steel mill hes a ex mechanic for dodge and now in maint dept lol we have fastenal machines that have so much stuff loctite pb blaster etc. we all grab that stuff for other uses lol.
we get a discount through autozone for our suppliers discounts. we get tons of discounts on stuff. not just auto zone. makes my oil changes just a tad bit expensive instead of just expensive lol. i use that mobile 1 20k and the filter buit i stil change 3-5k miles in my 2020

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...