My Jeep got destroyed... Suggestions on another car for audio.

dudeogo

Actually a Potato
I got into a wreck last night and my Jeep is beyond repair. I am physically fine but emotionally messed up from losing that car. As I go into looking for a new ride, what are some smaller vehicles that are good for car audio? A CRX is definitely already on my list. Has to be a car. Wanting a hatchback. Budget Max I think is around 7-8k. NO FORD, KIA OR FIAT.

I got into a wreck last night and my Jeep is beyond repair. I am physically fine but emotionally messed up from losing that car. As I go into looking for a new ride, what are some smaller vehicles that are good for car audio? A CRX is definitely already on my list. Has to be a car. Wanting a hatchback. Budget Max I think is around 7-8k. NO FORD, KIA OR FIAT.

Sad news about the Jeep, glad to hear you're OK anyway.

CRX is good for the meter, not so great for daily/music. Your biggest limiting factor there is weight and space for batteries. Easy to make a trailer queen that's hot for 3 seconds though.

Let me make a different suggestion in the Volvo wagon. They actually get loud pretty easily and like to peak low-ish and you have loads of room for subs and amps and batteries. 5K on a pair of 15's should get you 150 @ 43hz easily enough and there's a guy I met from Canada who does about 152 with some Rockford subs and the Rockford 2500 BDCP. Definitely a good car to get loud.

Not sure if you can tell what model SAAB this is but it gets stupid loud for what's in it.

This guy posts sometimes on this forum. I let him borrow some 12's I built for my brother's car and he did a very good number considering his battery bank is woefully inadequate and voltage is dropping into the 9's.

Anyway, space makes bass, so I'd be looking at things with adequate room for box, amps and batteries.

A crx? So u want a 56hz burp machine? If you want a Low end banger I know a few people with HHR and PT cruisers that bang nice n low
I had a CRX with a single 15 on 1200 watts doing 148.6 with a large enclisure tuned to 32hz....back when 32 was 'really low'. It was mean...and NOT a burp machine, SQ all the way

Thanks for all the suggestions and love! 1. The reason why I won't get another is emotional. I don't want another one because it won't be the same. Especially because mine was a very rare model. And 2. I want a car for performance modding and gas mileage. An SUV is not that.

Wow that sux but at least your here and ok....not in the hospital. Do I dare ask what happened since no one else did?

Buy an electric car like john koothe lol

Thanks for all the suggestions and love! 1. The reason why I won't get another is emotional. I don't want another one because it won't be the same. Especially because mine was a very rare model. And 2. I want a car for performance modding and gas mileage. An SUV is not that.
Large audio system will kill performance and gas mileage with weight.
Get a big trunk like a lincoln towncar or chevy cruze for power + gear ratio + gas mileage.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

Large audio system will kill performance and gas mileage with weight.
Get a big trunk like a lincoln towncar or chevy cruze for power + gear ratio + gas mileage.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk
Well I'm not really wanting anything super large. I'm asking so I can find a very acoustically efficient car. Like I'm thinking 2 12s trunk wall made of birch if I get a trunk and maybe 2 15s in a hatch.

Wow that sux but at least your here and ok....not in the hospital. Do I dare ask what happened since no one else did?
Buy an electric car like john koothe lol
I have two jobs and school so I've been crazy exhausted lately, and I was driving home from my shift late last night and zoned out a bit and thought a light was green. By the time I realized it was red I slammed on the brakes but not soon enough. I only slowed down enough so that no one was hurt, my car was definitely hurt though. Totally my fault and totally due to exhaustion. I can say this once that I was not on my phone.

If you like working on cars....95 to 99 Eclipse. 97 to 99 to be better.

Fire 1 sub up to the rear glass, port to the rear...its like a **** megaphone for bass.

AND its far heavier than a CRX. I dont know why ppl dont use it more. Maybe

because the engines are arent reliable to spirited drivers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.