hawaii
my dd 1512 died on me today

it was being pushed with a cab1600 @1ohm

idk what over did it

but i need an idea for a new sub

buying from hawaii rules out amazon

and any other website is an arm and a leg

i was looking at

https://www.skaraudio.com/collections/zvx-series/products/zvx-12v2?variant=17690909249

or

https://www.skaraudio.com/collections/evl-series/products/evl-12?variant=28434144333

the shipping is only 99 compared to worse iv seen.

are these compareable to the dd 1512? would it blow as easy or get just as loud or louder?

rip dd1512

On the amp is a little more than half

And yes blown. When push the cone it rubs against something

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Hmm ok so it must be scratching something, the coil is. Sounds blown alright.

Another thing is the gain was set a little too high. When you say a little more than 1/2, do you mean the 1 o'clock position? Or in between 12 and 1?

Maybe 1 ohm clock position. It was a good sub. Idk if the cab was to much for it to handle. Are the subs I linked anygood? I think there's a dealer down the road so I can get it or order it spending 99 on shipping. I wanted the soundqubed but the shipping is like 300 lol

Nah the CAB is a great amp. Have yet to see/read anything bad about them. I'm leaning towards you clipped the DD.

So, new sub shopping. Do you have a budget in mind? I would recommend Sundown Audio.

Some people like Skar subs, others don't simply because of a shady business within itself. Which explains not a whole lot of people wanna support a company that does that.

Budget maybe 400 tops that's with shipping. The sundown is probably the dream for me but the shipping is like 299 a sub and shipping is 200. Says there's a seller here but the area it's in is weird like nothing should be there on Google maps. Which sundown sound good? When you mean shady do you mean over pricing or like something else

my dd 1512 died on me todayit was being pushed with a cab1600 @1ohm

idk what over did it

but i need an idea for a new sub

buying from hawaii rules out amazon

and any other website is an arm and a leg

i was looking at

https://www.skaraudio.com/collections/zvx-series/products/zvx-12v2?variant=17690909249

or

https://www.skaraudio.com/collections/evl-series/products/evl-12?variant=28434144333

the shipping is only 99 compared to worse iv seen.

are these compareable to the dd 1512? would it blow as easy or get just as loud or louder?

rip dd1512

I am starting to look at a sub for my car (again) and I ran across an interesting company. FI Car Audio. (ficaraduio.com). Man, these look awesome, but I am not that well versed on subs. I've got more research to do on these guys, but I thought you should at least check them out.

I am starting to look at a sub for my car (again) and I ran across an interesting company. FI Car Audio. (ficaraduio.com). Man, these look awesome, but I am not that well versed on subs. I've got more research to do on these guys, but I thought you should at least check them out.
FI are good stuff can't go wrong with them

thanks for the help guys!

that massive audio looks good but i have never heard of the brand before.

heard of orion leaning toward the xtr orion.

Hmm ok so it must be scratching something, the coil is. Sounds blown alright.
Another thing is the gain was set a little too high. When you say a little more than 1/2, do you mean the 1 o'clock position? Or in between 12 and 1?
There is no way possible you can know this without measuring it yourself. The gain will differ in each installation, for example, the gain on my amps don't even need to be 1/4 of the way up to reach clipping.
My guess would be overpowered and not clipped seeing as how it has a 1600 watt amp on a 600 watt sub.

I would suggest contacting SSA and see if they ship free to Hawaii for orders over $100.

thanks for the help guys!that massive audio looks good but i have never heard of the brand before.

heard of orion leaning toward the xtr orion.
great choice //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif also authorized

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.