Help identifying (potentially fictional) head units from the 1990s

Participant count
  • Participant list

Frio

Hi everyone,

I would like to ask for help identifying two head units that featured in a pair of classic videogames from the 1990s, Lotus Esprit Turbo Challenge and Lotus II.

Please look at the following two videos:

The head units are re-branded by the game developers (MF = "Magnetic Fields"), but I suspect they took significant inspiration from real radios from those years (1989-1992).

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Frio

1st one appears to be stock.

2nd one looks appears to be Kenwood very old school pull out radio before detachable face became available.

The 2nd one could also be an old Clarion Pro Audio as well.
They had round buttons too.

Could also very well be that someone created that using some sort of program. It should have a brand name on the front of the unit. Perhaps it was re-created with something similar in mind back in the 90's HU's.

Thank you everyone.

It is very likely that the artist created something that just resembles one of the existing models of the time, but I was curious to know if he used an exact model as inspiration :)

Second one looks really familiar but who knows? I'd guess the first one is stock since most aftermarket cassette + CD combos relied on multi disk changer mounted elsewhere.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.