Not too long ago I installed some HID's in my s10 p/u. Recently, sometimes the drivers side would not come on. So I would flick my hi-beams once or twice then those ones would come on. Problem is getting worse. I just fiddled with the wiring to see if maybe there was a bad connection somewhere or something wasn't tight. Found that the red wire was what I thought the issue, tried a few things seemed to have worked and now won't work at all. What can I do?

97 4 dr. Tahoe

Interstate battery

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Polk Audio MM6501 comps

Wolfram amps coming soon, 3000.1, 125.4

2 Sundown Audio X 15's Tuned @ 30Hz.

Knukonceptz/Royal Excelene wiring

go with a better wiring harness.. what brand you using also??

just fixed a similar problem in my grand prix tonight by swapping in better quality bulbs...

9006 Headlight for Candle Slim Xenon HID Kit with 6000K 8000K 10000K 12000K | eBay

This. Doing some research and looks like it could be a few things.

97 4 dr. Tahoe

Interstate battery

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Polk Audio MM6501 comps

HIDs are one area where without a doubt you get what you pay for. I wouldn't expect a $30 set to work well.

Alarm: Viper 5902

HU: Stock

Front Stage:

Tweeters: Image Dynamics CD1-Pro Mini Horns

Mids: Sundown Neo Pro 8"

Subs: (2) 15" Dayton HF ran IB

Amps: (2) Kicker IX 500.4 (1) Kicker IX 1000.1

Processor: JBL MS-8

Why did you bother commenting if you have nothing to say to help out?

Funny, I bought a set for my Tahoe also......no issues at all and......cost about the same.

You lack the fact that if anything is bought new, it's not always a guarantee it will work. Which is why companies offer warranties. It could be a soldering problem inside the ballast for all I know.

Gonna try and swap ballasts tomorrow.

97 4 dr. Tahoe

Interstate battery

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Polk Audio MM6501 comps

get a retrofit. it's the ONLY correct way to do it. throw that garbage in the trash

if you use stupid words like "minty" to describe equipment, dont expect me to take you seriously.

That's brand/model svcks. I had some in the past before and nothing but problems. You get what you pay for.

c-pillar flat wall 158.6 on music

1 crossfire 8k @ .33ohm

4 NSV3 18s

4 crescendo 10s

4Rockford pro 6.5s

Quad excessive amperage 350alts

4 juicebox 3100s

1 crossfire 8k @ .33ohm

4 NSV3 18s

4 crescendo 10s

4Rockford pro 6.5s

4 juicebox 3100s

30 bucks vs. 40 bucks? Not much in dollar difference.

Any ideas for me?

97 4 dr. Tahoe

Interstate battery

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Polk Audio MM6501 comps

30 bucks vs. 40 bucks? Not much in dollar difference.

Any ideas for me?

You see how the ones I posted have that second little box before you plug the lights in.... There different from what you bought... I had the ones you bought and nothing but problems... I took them out my truck and my wife car... Then I bought the ones I linked you and no problems since.

1 crossfire 8k @ .33ohm

4 NSV3 18s

4 crescendo 10s

4Rockford pro 6.5s

4 juicebox 3100s

**** *** plug and play HIDS.. Do a proper projector retrofit or stick to halogen bulbs... Your heqdlights were not made for hids. The focal points are different. You will get nothing but glare and foreground lighting..

2016 Focus ST3 - Rockford DSR1 / PPI 900.4 / Silverflute 6.5" mids / Massive CT2 tweeters /Sundown Xv2 15"/ Taramps DSP3k / Stinger Roadkill / KNU wiring / Northstar SMSAGM80 /

2010 Focus coupe 157@46hz

Pioneer 80prs /(8) FU Audio 750 12"s / (4) FSD 2600s / (1) FSD 125.4 / (1) FSD 85.4 / (4) Crescendo UN-10" mids / (4) Crescendo FT1 tweeters / Stinger Roadkill / 2/0 EB flex wire / (5) Powerware 90AH batteries / DC 270XP Alt /

https://www.youtube.com/popwarhomie

too many freq at once, burn the coil, we all know, over 40-50hz, its all coilburning material.

start by not running sh1tty ebay hids in a halogen housing. that's a first step.

if you use stupid words like "minty" to describe equipment, dont expect me to take you seriously.

Start here.

https://www.theretrofitsource.com

Simple MH1 7.0 with E46R shrouds and RGB halos.

IMG_20151207_160943_zpsggk3fn3y.jpg

2016 Focus ST3 - Rockford DSR1 / PPI 900.4 / Silverflute 6.5" mids / Massive CT2 tweeters /Sundown Xv2 15"/ Taramps DSP3k / Stinger Roadkill / KNU wiring / Northstar SMSAGM80 /

Pioneer 80prs /(8) FU Audio 750 12"s / (4) FSD 2600s / (1) FSD 125.4 / (1) FSD 85.4 / (4) Crescendo UN-10" mids / (4) Crescendo FT1 tweeters / Stinger Roadkill / 2/0 EB flex wire / (5) Powerware 90AH batteries / DC 270XP Alt /

too many freq at once, burn the coil, we all know, over 40-50hz, its all coilburning material.

97 4 dr. Tahoe

Interstate battery

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Polk Audio MM6501 comps

if your gonna change them out go with LED. they are by far superior.

i told wife guy on here pm'ed me wanting to buy my amp she said tell him it not fs (cause she knows i'll spend more $ on new one) and told her i wanted d2 sub for bday next week she said tell ya'll i'm to old to go down to 1ohm lol..

According to what? First hand reviews from people have proven HIDs have a significant advantage in output. In life hours and reliable they may be superior.

And to the OP: Buying cheap ballasts is like buying a cheap amp. You don't run Pyle amps do you?

Alarm: Viper 5902

HU: Stock

Front Stage:

Tweeters: Image Dynamics CD1-Pro Mini Horns

Mids: Sundown Neo Pro 8"

Subs: (2) 15" Dayton HF ran IB

Amps: (2) Kicker IX 500.4 (1) Kicker IX 1000.1

Processor: JBL MS-8

According to what? First hand reviews from people have proven HIDs have a significant advantage in output. In life hours and reliable they may be superior.

And to the OP: Buying cheap ballasts is like buying a cheap amp. You don't run Pyle amps do you?

Led is going to last much longer.

i told wife guy on here pm'ed me wanting to buy my amp she said tell him it not fs (cause she knows i'll spend more $ on new one) and told her i wanted d2 sub for bday next week she said tell ya'll i'm to old to go down to 1ohm lol..

Tinted reflector lenses AND 10,000K blue bulbs.. Huge fail..

Wrong. LED is not quite there yet. Hids are much better at this current time.

Tinted reflector lenses AND 10,000K blue bulbs.. Huge fail..

Wrong. LED is not quite there yet. Hids are much better at this current time.

Ive installed LED industrially. far superior in terms of longevity. its muilt LEDs and yes they are stuip brigth and draw a fraction of current. metal halides are ****** but they get way to hot and draw alot of current and cost ALOT! you cant touch the bulbs because they can explode of they get cross contaminated..

i GOOD LED bulb may not be available for most car but the newer LEDs that are becoming available to the public will be better.. of course they are going to cost..

Ive installed LED industrially. far superior in terms of longevity. its muilt LEDs and yes they are stuip brigth and draw a fraction of current. metal halides are ****** but they get way to hot and draw alot of current and cost ALOT! you cant touch the bulbs because they can explode of they get cross contaminated..

i GOOD LED bulb may not be available for most car but the newer LEDs that are becoming available to the public will be better.. of course they are going to cost..

I build custom projector headlights on the side. LEDs are not quite there yet in terms of headlights.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now