HID problems

Boomin_tahoe
5,000+ posts

Hurtin' feelings errrday.
WA
Not too long ago I installed some HID's in my s10 p/u. Recently, sometimes the drivers side would not come on. So I would flick my hi-beams once or twice then those ones would come on. Problem is getting worse. I just fiddled with the wiring to see if maybe there was a bad connection somewhere or something wasn't tight. Found that the red wire was what I thought the issue, tried a few things seemed to have worked and now won't work at all. What can I do?

go with a better wiring harness.. what brand you using also??

just fixed a similar problem in my grand prix tonight by swapping in better quality bulbs...

Why did you bother commenting if you have nothing to say to help out?

Funny, I bought a set for my Tahoe also......no issues at all and......cost about the same.

You lack the fact that if anything is bought new, it's not always a guarantee it will work. Which is why companies offer warranties. It could be a soldering problem inside the ballast for all I know.

Gonna try and swap ballasts tomorrow.

30 bucks vs. 40 bucks? Not much in dollar difference.
Any ideas for me?
You see how the ones I posted have that second little box before you plug the lights in.... There different from what you bought... I had the ones you bought and nothing but problems... I took them out my truck and my wife car... Then I bought the ones I linked you and no problems since.

**** *** plug and play HIDS.. Do a proper projector retrofit or stick to halogen bulbs... Your heqdlights were not made for hids. The focal points are different. You will get nothing but glare and foreground lighting..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.