passive crossovers online.

Participant count
  • Participant list
where can i find a pair of passive crossovers? i cant find a good selection online. i need a 2 way 600w rms capable
the mid and tweeter you're using dictate what xover points you need to be looking for.

600W RMS + passive crossovers = fire
i have to agree with this,.. largest passive crossover ive seen used in car audio had a max rms of 350w,... unless you can find pro audio passive crossovers capable of taking on extremely high power that match your impedance loads, i really would recommend going active

i havnt chosen them yet im going with a general idea. i need the crossover points to be 4 to 500 up to 3.5 or 4k for the midbass and 2-3k up to 18-22khz for the tweet
The 400-500 Hz crossover is a high pass filter that you would set on the amplifier. The mid/tweeter crossover is going to be a set frequency 99.9% of the time, without overlap. It will be rated for amplifier power output handling, not speaker power handling. If you cut the bass, which is what will happen with a 400 Hz crossover, the actual RMS power reaching the crossovers will be significantly less than if you crossed at 80 Hz, for example. Music generally has much more energy at low frequencies than at midrange and higher frequencies.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.