Box/Wall builder in houston tx

los33

Car Audio G
Houston, TX
Im at a loss here not being able to rely in some people so im looking for a builder now.

Is there anyone here reliable to build a wall for me in my truck or a shop who can do it and is not gonna charge an arm and leg?????

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk

I havnt been able to find anyone I like around here. I've either let Boomsday or cherry customs take care out it out of frustration. Although me and my neighbor are starting to get a bearings for it, about to buy a plunge router so our cutouts look better. What side of Houston you on?

I havnt been able to find anyone I like around here. I've either let Boomsday or cherry customs take care out it out of frustration. Although me and my neighbor are starting to get a bearings for it, about to buy a plunge router so our cutouts look better. What side of Houston you on?
Currently in hockley by 1488 & 1774 pretty much next to tomball down 249.

I did the same thing, but to get a whole wall shipped would be expensive.

Ive had a reputable shop quote 1200$, but thats crazy for a wall.. Material would only be in the 400$ or less cost so id be paying 600$ in labor.

I knew a guy named kurt who does good builds, but i dont have his number.

Currently in hockley by 1488 & 1774 pretty much next to tomball down 249.
I did the same thing, but to get a whole wall shipped would be expensive.

Ive had a reputable shop quote 1200$, but thats crazy for a wall.. Material would only be in the 400$ or less cost so id be paying 600$ in labor.

I knew a guy named kurt who does good builds, but i dont have his number.

OK I'm over in humble, about 40min

You taking about Kurt that worked for ct sounds?

What car? What drivers?

OK I'm over in humble, about 40min
You taking about Kurt that worked for ct sounds?
Yeah kurt geissler, he was working for diptex till money issues came up and decided to work at some shop in humble. I havent talked to him since he left.

Yeah kurt geissler, he was working for diptex till money issues came up and decided to work at some shop in humble. I havent talked to him since he left.
What a small world, he came up to my rc track and we got to talkinh. I have his number, told me he didn't fool with it anymore but would build me box if I wanted. He races slot cars now

What a small world, he came up to my rc track and we got to talkinh. I have his number, told me he didn't fool with it anymore but would build me box if I wanted. He races slot cars now
I wish he did still mess with it. Hes a badasss builder.

If you talk to him id appreciate if you could ask him if he still be interested in making a wall.

I'd say the absolute last thing you want to do is cheap out on a wall. It's very permanent and a big investment whether you get it right the first time or wrong and have to do it over. IMO 1200$ seems cheap once you figure lumber, screws and random hardware, wire, glue, paint/carpet and labor. I'd quote at least that and I don't even have a shop to pay the rent, lights, taxes, and insurance to keep open.

I'd say the absolute last thing you want to do is cheap out on a wall. It's very permanent and a big investment whether you get it right the first time or wrong and have to do it over. IMO 1200$ seems cheap once you figure lumber, screws and random hardware, wire, glue, paint/carpet and labor. I'd quote at least that and I don't even have a shop to pay the rent, lights, taxes, and insurance to keep open.
Looks to be my only option.. My table saw went out on me and ill be dammed if i do it all with a skrill saw

Looks to be my only option.. My table saw went out on me and ill be dammed if i do it all with a skrill saw
Honestly for a wall a circular saw is the way to go, unless you have a table saw with a workbench built around it that's flush to the saw for cutting big sheets.

Honestly for a wall a circular saw is the way to go, unless you have a table saw with a workbench built around it that's flush to the saw for cutting big sheets.
I do.. I have it setup in my work place, but the motor went out due to vinyl boards over heating it from excessive force.

I do.. I have it setup in my work place, but the motor went out due to vinyl boards over heating it from excessive force.
Make a stand with a piece of plywood on top the same height as your table. Mount the circular saw underneath and slowly lower the depth to cut a zero clearance slot for the blade. Then make a "T" square using some scrap MDF or something that doesn't warp easily (baltic works too). Just clamp that down to the table and you have yourself a fence.

Kurt would be pretty close to that price you were quoted, I didn't even think of him and Kyle, your looking for a 2 18" wall correct? I'll ask him what he might want

$1200 seems pretty cheap if it's going to be quality work and done right. Considering some shops charge $3-400+ for a "custom" ported box and easily more than $600 in labor for a simple install. (Wires, HU, Amp, etc)

Personally, if I wanted a wall, half the fun would be me building it and knowing that my hard work created it. Paying someone else to do it wouldn't be satisying at all.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.