$400 for sq sub!

tyte07

Can you guys recommend me a sq sub that's under $400? I don't need to get loud and be heard on the highway.

Right now, I'm looking at the 12" IDQ v4. I had an older 15" IDQ in a sealed box in my old car and it sounded great.

I will probably be running it off a zx750.1 that I have laying around. Sub will be in the trunk of a sedan.

Thanks!

I have a very nice 12" that you'd probably like.

IAS 12" Prototype Driver

Composite cone and cap

8-layer flat aluminum coil

Full copper TC9 proto motor

Solid mid-Q driver with low Le and lots of xmax

2.75" slug stack

I have it listed on another forum with pictures, but I can send pics to your phone if you want.

---------- Post added at 12:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 AM ----------

I have one you'll love 12" tc basket. Neo motor carbon fiber cap high roll surround. Loves the lows

Lets see this beast!

View attachment 26550646View attachment 26550647

Actually have a set

I have a very nice 12" that you'd probably like.
IAS 12" Prototype Driver

Composite cone and cap

8-layer flat aluminum coil

Full copper TC9 proto motor

Solid mid-Q driver with low Le and lots of xmax

2.75" slug stack

I have it listed on another forum with pictures, but I can send pics to your phone if you want.

---------- Post added at 12:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 AM ----------

Lets see this beast!
Actually have 2

Can you guys recommend me a sq sub that's under $400? I don't need to get loud and be heard on the highway.
Right now, I'm looking at the 12" IDQ v4. I had an older 15" IDQ in a sealed box in my old car and it sounded great.

I will probably be running it off a zx750.1 that I have laying around. Sub will be in the trunk of a sedan.

Thanks!
I think that is a 2ohm amp...if so I have a Critical Mass 10 that would be perfect for it...SQ and high output from one quality sub

That looks like more than $400 in neodymium there.
I suspect the neo is inside... like the Aura motors. They call it NRT or NR something or other.

I don't understand what's going on =o
Typical of this forum. OP asks for advice and everyone chimes in trying to sell you something.

I'll admit that the Critical Mass or the TC9 would be a fine platform. It's likely you can find a W7 used in your price range as well... really you have endless options for good sounding subs that'll take 700W.

I think your best option would be to hit up one of the sub builders on the forum here. Tell them what your working with and trying to do Available space for a box. What amp. And any other info you can provide. Have him or them build you a custom sub to fit your needs

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.