2 Lanzar Max 8s vs 1 Sundown e8v3 or 1 AMERICAN BASS XD844

the lanzars might be louder just because you have two of them but they might not last long and would probably sound like **** I would get the sundown

^^^I agree. I've heard the Max 10's and 12's and they were pretty impressive for what they cost though. I'd try the Lanzar's and do a review on them. Always like a good budget build review.

I have two of the sundowns. Running just one wontbget you near enough bass. It's just to small. Two on the hand sounds great. I can't comment on the lanzars but if I did go that route, I'd buy 4 since there so cheap

I have two of the sundowns. Running just one wontbget you near enough bass. It's just to small. Two on the hand sounds great. I can't comment on the lanzars but if I did go that route, I'd buy 4 since there so cheap
this

True! They're 25-30 bucks a piece! LOL! They'd need about a whopping 2 cubes maybe... That's if you go ported.

those ab xd's are bad azz lil 8's though.... my vote is for the AB 8's.... I've heard them in several different rides..... they are quite beastly yet so clean.... replaced my jl 10w6 with them..... xd's all day..... my xd's are tuned to 32hz and love it.....

I vote Sundown, No experience with the other options but Im runnin 2 e8v3's on my ab Ph4000 in my SuperDuty reg cab and couldnt be happier. But u could get 8 of the Lanzar for the price of a pair of Sundown if the ebay deal could be found. Ur choice, Quality or Quantity?

Edit* Just saw u were askin about 2 vs 1, Cone area usually wins.

I'm not doing 4 lanzars because I don't have enough power. I'm trying to keep the most trunk space possible. The amp was birthed at 614 at 2 ohms. What about a Sa8v2 in 1 cube tuned to 32hz? Do I have enough power for the Sa8v2? I was going to get one of the Massive Audio 8s, but they're never instock. I have a p3 10 ported right now and flexes like crazy, but I don't like the way the aluminum come sounds. I want something with paper pulp cone. The vfl 8 is a lot cheaper than the Sa8v2 is kevlar. I'm not looking for loud bass, just something that let's you know a real sub is in the trunk.

I'm not doing 4 lanzars because I don't have enough power. I'm trying to keep the most trunk space possible. The amp was birthed at 614 at 2 ohms. What about a Sa8v2 in 1 cube tuned to 32hz? Do I have enough power for the Sa8v2? I was going to get one of the Massive Audio 8s, but they're never instock. I have a p3 10 ported right now and flexes like crazy, but I don't like the way the aluminum come sounds. I want something with paper pulp cone. The vfl 8 is a lot cheaper than the Sa8v2 is kevlar. I'm not looking for loud bass, just something that let's you know a real sub is in the trunk.
you might have some misconceptions there buddy. The sub doesn't produce harmonics in the midrange or higher and hence any material is suitable. Only thing that matters is that the material should be rigid - that's the primary requirement. Unless your having a lot of cone noise with the subs loading off your cabin or in a wall, cone material doesnt really matter. The enclosure plays a bigger role in how good and deep your bass sounds.

you might have some misconceptions there buddy. The sub doesn't produce harmonics in the midrange or higher and hence any material is suitable. Only thing that matters is that the material should be rigid - that's the primary requirement. Unless your having a lot of cone noise with the subs loading off your cabin or in a wall, cone material doesnt really matter. The enclosure plays a bigger role in how good and deep your bass sounds.
I know exactly what I'm talking about. Aluminum has a different sound. Try telling Fi or DC to switch to aluminum and that it makes no difference. There's nothing wrong with the p3 and I don't build faulty boxes. I never paid attention to the fact that the p3 was aluminum before I bought it. I just want to switch back to paper.

I know exactly what I'm talking about. Aluminum has a different sound. Try telling Fi or DC to switch to aluminum and that it makes no difference. There's nothing wrong with the p3 and I don't build faulty boxes. I never paid attention to the fact that the p3 was aluminum before I bought it. I just want to switch back to paper.
hmmm, i've gone though kevlar, polypropylene, carbon fiber and paper coned subs and they all sound pretty darn similar with the execption of the kevlar which was from a pioneer tsw 3002 which had a ton of cone noise which was annoying but most likely from the design of the sub itself. The sound was only off by a bit from the different enclosures and such. However i've never dealt with aluminium cones so if there is a difference as you say then welcome back to the world of paper coned subs lol. the SA 8s would require a pretty big enclosure for a flatter response but it should run fine on the power you have currently. The lanzars honestly dont seem too bad at that price point though since a lot of the reviews say people havent blown them after a long time of ownership.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.