10X Shocker Small Gap Sig any size 245-280ea East Coast ONLY

hispls
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Item(s) for Sale:

Got me 10 Small Gap sig motors in various conditions + parts enough to build 10, 12, 15, and 18's. First come first serve on sizes and coil options. I don't have enough parts to do all 10 one way but can do some pairs or 3 of's

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Motors will have various amounts of wear on them. You want pretty best get yourself some metal polish and a few spare hours. Most of the frames I have here are recycled 12 spoke variety. Softparts will all be new and built to order.

Coil options are D1.4 copper, d2.8 copper. I also have one D2.8 aluminum. Can do up suspensions as stiff as you need, but at some point it'll raise the price. Dustcap will be either Sundown or RF. I have a few one of caps as well as some ugly but solid CF ones. Dustcaps are cheap, if you don't like mine I'll leave it open and you can buy your own.

Price:

12" 245$ cash in person ----Ti Frame and 10" spiders adds 40$ Best for lower power since suspension will be soft and the tinsels in the TC spiders smoke pretty quick upwards of 3K

15" 250$ cash in person ---- Got OEM Shocker cones in 15". Adds 30$.... worthwhile if you plan really ignorant power level burps that shred lesser cones.

18" 280 Cash in person ----- 6 spoke frame with stiff or very stiff suspension

I have a couple OEM Shocker spiders. 8" single piece super stiff. They're very nice but pricey, also may or may not ever be able to get more of them in the future. +20$

Thermal power handling 1200W (50hz sine wave for 8 hours), mechanical, can build whatever you need.... they're retard-proof up to that, beyond that if you play clipped sine waves and are too stupid to turn things down when they get smelly or enjoy playing 15 cycles blow tuning you'll probably break stuff (though I can build stiff enough to handle playing below tuning for the most part)

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

The deal is, I'll be driving south first week of December. From Maine to Mohegan Sun Dec 3, from Mohegan to NC Dec 4th, and from NC to Florida Dec 5. I follow I95 pretty much the whole way down so if you can arrange to meet me in your area somewhere right off the highway you can save the 100$+ it would cost for me to ship one of these.

75$ non-refundable deposit if I'm going to build up a sub and tote it down with me. If you do pay and can't meet me on the way down, I'll be driving back first week of February and we can try again then, or you can pay for shipping.... after that that's my fee for being stiffed building a sub and dragging it cross-country.

Item Pictures:

DSC05780_zps0e929c31.jpg

DSC05782_zps0e961647.jpg

i really need to sell my three splx-hx 12's and pick up these... I need something that peaks higher than low 30's for my car which peaks in the low 60's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

i really need to sell my three splx-hx 12's and pick up these... I need something that peaks higher than low 30's for my car which peaks in the low 60's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
These should get you there. Odds are there will be some left when I get back from Florida and we can do something in the spring.

i'm getting some fi BL 10's that have an absurdly high fs, so I am going to tinker with those...

i'll fight with the SS's and see where it gets me.

If I send you some pics of my shocker ss 12's that I blew, can you see if you can make anything out of them? they were extremely loud low power handling drivers...

I'll be rebuilding my 15's in the spring can you save two of the OEM 15 cones and the OEM super stiff spiders. I can throw you some money now and pick them up before the first comp.

i'm getting some fi BL 10's that have an absurdly high fs, so I am going to tinker with those... i'll fight with the SS's and see where it gets me.

If I send you some pics of my shocker ss 12's that I blew, can you see if you can make anything out of them? they were extremely loud low power handling drivers...
High FS doesn't always help peak high FYI. Use a strong motor, light coil and super stiff suspension and you'll get high FS most of the time though. I do have some new old stock coils for Shocker Super Extreme that I own for short money. Use soft suspension and they do indeed want to play super peaky but that coil doesn't handle much thermally and is rather short so would run out of BL at higher excursion. I'll definitely have those parts when I get back this spring.

I'll be rebuilding my 15's in the spring can you save two of the OEM 15 cones and the OEM super stiff spiders. I can throw you some money now and pick them up before the first comp.
OK, Tony. I'll save you my 2 matching stiff spiders and 2 15" shocker cones. Spiders 25$ ea, cones 35$ each. I'll be driving down to Logan Sunday night then through to Cape Cod if you want them now. Otherwise I'll take your word as a commitment that you'll take them this spring.

getting on i-20 thru lower sc?
Will pass through Florence at some point, that's about it. Doesn't look like I20 does me any favors trying to get to central Florida. If I were going to the panhandle I'd take I85 the whole way down from PA which is a really nice drive compared to 95 but adds a few hours to my trip where I'm heading and makes a very long final stretch in Florida.

No Dallas trip?
Drove through Texas a few years back... never again. 12 hour day on the road and see nothing but a couple tumbleweeds.... talk about boring. If I ever get back to Texas I'm going to try to eat the Big Texan steak in Amarillo though. Stopped there before but chickened out and only get the 24oz T-bone. The Texas steak restaurants we stopped at were memorable, the rest of what I saw looked like desert wasteland.

i'm getting some fi BL 10's that have an absurdly high fs, so I am going to tinker with those... i'll fight with the SS's and see where it gets me.

clear pms

you have what you need to assemble 2 18" super stiff d1.4? c/f dust caps? Im in florida. I can meet you at an exit on I-95 in north florida
I don't have a matching pair of CF caps, otherwise I do have parts to build 18's with stiff suspension and d1.4. I typically take I10 west to 401 but I could follow 95 all the way down to SR 40 around Daytona if that helped. Likely you'd be looking at Thursday Dec 5 around 7-8PM for me to be in Florida.

I'd ask 170 up front on the softparts before I start building and if you can't meet me that night I could probably meet you halfway while I'm in FL.

Replied

*EDIT* Just noticed your location. I'll be staying around Ocala, so we're really close. If I miss you on the way down we can meet halfway and neither of us has to drive more than like half an hour.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.