AMP keeps blowing fuses

Participant count
  • Participant list
Check all your wiring connections, and for EXPOSED wiring of the Power Wire may be grounding out,Blowing the fuse,Such as the Power wiring that has been pulled through the Firewall area.Trace that down from the Battery to the amp

The battery is in the back of my car.. I have Cobalt so that makes it easy. LOL. I will tell him to do this.. When my brother had it.. Everything worked just fine. =(

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

Its the fuse on the AMP itself!

Its the fuse on the AMP itself!
Forget about tracing the power wires from the battery. If it is the fuse in the amp then the problem is the amp is blown, shorted, or overloaded.

Disconnect all RCAs AND all speakers from the amp and see if it will power up without blowing the fuse.

If amp still blows fuse with no speakers/RCAs hooked up, then it is likely bad and needs to be repaired or replaced. (in my opinion)

Forget about tracing the power wires from the battery. If it is the fuse in the amp then the problem is the amp is blown, shorted, or overloaded.Disconnect all RCAs AND all speakers from the amp and see if it will power up without blowing the fuse.

If amp still blows fuse with no speakers/RCAs hooked up, then it is likely bad and needs to be repaired or replaced. (in my opinion)
Could be.Yet, There could still be an Exposed poss wire grounding out/Strands grounding out causing fuses to blow,even if you disconnect the speaker wiring,and RCAs using the Same Power/ground /remote wiring?Id check the wiring FIRST.If it continues,My LAST Testing would be to take the amp to the battery with Test wiring,of Power/Remote to poss, and Neg to Neg,.If Fuse blows? Its the Amp,If it works Fine,you have an issue with your wiring

Could be.Yet, There could still be an Exposed poss wire grounding out/Strands grounding out causing fuses to blow,even if you disconnect the speaker wiring,and RCAs using the Same Power/ground /remote wiring?Id check the wiring FIRST.If it continues,My LAST Testing would be to take the amp to the battery with Test wiring,of Power/Remote to poss, and Neg to Neg,.If Fuse blows? Its the Amp,If it works Fine,you have an issue with your wiring
NOPE. He already said it is the fuse BUILT INTO THE AMP that is blowing. No way anything between battery and amp power terminals is going to blow the built-in fuse. Either the amp has an *internal* short, or it is overloaded (shorted load). Like k_h_a said, probably a blown mosfet in internal power supply or output drive section.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.