Biggest amp I can go with on a stock alternator?

I got me a 07 Chevy trailblazer and I need to know about the most rms I can use with just the BIG 3 done, really good aftermarket battery under the hood and stock alt. I'm hoping I can get away with about 1500 rms to subs and 300 rms to mids/highs. I can find out how many amps my alt is if that will help.

I have a 145 amp alt on my 2011 chevy truck with a hifonics 1600.1 and 640.4 with two sundown sd 12s. No big three has been done. All I did was go to batteries plus and buy one of those X2 power agm batts. I get 0 dimming and 13.9 volts with not drop at all.

Should be ok. I used to be running 2 pioneer subwoofers with 2400 watts rms to the subs and 400 watts rms to the speakers off of a stock battery and a 30 farad capacitor and it ran just fine when I had it. I now have the same setup only difference is I put an optima yellowtop battery in the front with a kinetik hc600 in the back and the big 3 no dimming and only a slight voltage drop with impedance rise under load.

I think you'd be okay with 1500w monoamp and a 4 channel. You might get away with more, you might not. You could always get a 2000-2500w amp, set the gain with a multimeter and see how your voltage is, if it is dropping too low back off the gain until you are happy with your voltage drops. I had a truck with a 130a alt and would drop into the low 11's with a zx1500.1, my last car had a 85a alt and I was in the low 12's if I remember right with a saz-1500d@1 so it really depends.

I think my voltage issues on the truck may have been an issue with the computer controlling the alternator.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.