Sign in to follow this  
CLong_2Cold

8" Subwoofer Choice, Need Advice.

First of all I'd like to say I'm glad to have joined he best car audio forum on the web.

Soon I will be getting a Nissan Frontier crew cab and will be losing the space that I had for subs like in my 4Runner. I have found this ported box to fit under the rear seat at SuperCrewSound

Quick Specs

- Mounting Depth - 5.25 inches

- 1.0 cubic ft. Shared

- Tuned to 37hz, but frequency can be changed.

- 1.25 inches of clearance between bottom of box & floor.

I've done a fair amount of research on 8" drivers, and thought about the Sundown SD-2 but I don't believe it will work with it using the SA surround. I also heard good things about the Alpine SWR-8. I would like other people's opinion on 8" drivers that would work best with that box. Particularly I'm looking for SPL, that won't slam into the floor with excursion. Thanks for any advice!

Edited by CLong_2Cold

Splaudio for sure! I couldn't be happier with mine. SQL SPL mix! Best 8's I've heard.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By TeamPSI
      Haven't been here in a bit, and figured I'd drop a few random shots of some of the latest subs we've been building/re-building here at the shop.

Full pictorials with step-by-step build pics are at our forum, if you want to see them all. I'll just post finished pics in this post.

Don't mean to spam the place up.... just know how we all love to see random subwoofer pron!

If you have any questios, please ask. If not, enjoy the pics.

• By ReWiiNd
      I just had a subwoofer installed and now my speakers revolve when im listening to music my front left speaker turns off then turns on then the front right turns off then turns on then the back left... etc i dont understand how this could have happened was the subwoofer installed incorrectly and messed up the wiring in my car? i had a professional install it so if it was his fault i can go back and have him fix it.
    • By rtull32
      I have just got 2 Kenwood KFC-w3012 subs and am not sure what type of amp to get to push both of them...I do not want to spend a fortune on an amp seeing as I still need a box for them however I do not want some crappy amp that is going to burn up within the first month...any advice will be greatly appreciated thanks ahead of time
    • By dshaver
      Hey! I'm almost 16 and I'm saving up for a sound system for my first car. I think I want to get two Alpine Type R SWR-1243d (Alpine SWR-1243D 12" Type-R Car Subwoofer/Sub (SWR1243D)) subs but I have no idea what amp (or amps) to power them with. I'm also getting two sets of Type R speakers (Alpine SPR-13S 5-1/4" Type-R Component Speakers) that I think I'm going to power with an Alpine PDX-4.100 (Alpine PDX-4.100 (pdx4100) - 4 Channel Amplifier | Four Channel Amp - Sonic Electronix), but I don't know how to wire multiple amps to one battery. Any help or advice on what amps to use or the best ways to wire amps and subs is much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    • By luisfmh
      Okay, so i have a 1994 nissan sentra 2 door.
      I hate the audio system in the car and today i bought some speakers as they were really cheap $70 and i figured i'd try to install it myself. And i need a few things. First off I know i'm gonna have to buy a new HU as the speakers i bought are
      -2 MA Audio SY50C1
      -2 MA Audio Y3K68P
      -1 MA Audio 12 inch Subwoofer
      so i need help for one picking a HU, and an amp if i need one?
      I'm truly a noob at this stuff and would appreciate any help, the speakers also came with these MA audio 2 way crossover's.