low end beast

Participant count
  • Participant list

seas88
10+ year member

alright ive got 3 diamond d6 10s and i love them. ive been running them off a planet audio bb1400.1 at 2.7 ohms so around 900 watts for all 3.. they are each underrated at 500 watts rms so i just purchased a bigger amp (brutus 2100.1). i also just got an offer to trade my 3 10's for a skar zvx 12. im just slightly skeptical because i have never given the diamonds room to shine but the skar is beastly looking. I was just wondering as a guy who loves the lowest of the lows what i would be better off running. loudness isnt much of an object because i know both are gonna get loud.

No way I would run a single 12" skar over those Diamonds. If you want to get the lowest of the lows, throw them in the largest recommended sealed enclosure along with the appropriate power. It will be louder than you think but if it's not loud enough, next loudest would be a TL. After that, would be a large low-tuned enclosure.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.