Can these earthquake 12" subs really take 5000RMS?

IMO, it's extremely hard for a 5kRMS sub to be musical. I mean really, at that volume how musical can you actually get? But there was a dude selling one on here a little while ago, do a search and ask him man, I'm sure he'd provide some insight.

Level 6s is very musical
I suspect that really depends on you having a loose definition of the word "music".

It is rather easy to build a sub that can mechanically handle 5K (assuming some correct use of proper box design and HPF). If you believe that any of these will take 5KW sine wave for very long you've got another thing coming.

Lol I have one of these... its a 15 tho. I have never used it but I honestly think it can take the power.

I know there is a guy in norway putting 5k to one of these 15s and he says it takes it fine. The 15s are rated 7k.

Too right in the pic

IMG_20130221_234520_zps2105996c.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.