SQ double din suggestions...

West

Banned
Ok so my wife wants a double din nav unit.
I want a sound quality system.
So I am trying to find a good compromise...

The rest of the set up will include
Zed levi
Phd speakers
Ps8 processor

What I need it to have...
Nav
Android and iphone connectivity if possible
bluetooth (for phone calls only - preferred)
Optical output (preferred)

I was recommended a Alpine INA-W910 for the SQ... but the reviews say that it has some serious reliability issues. I like alpines overall. If anyone is selling anything that fits this (used) feel free to PM me. Any recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks guys.

@keep_hope_alive ; ?

Not sure how you're going to get optical out on anything new, but the interface on this one is very sweet and does include active crossovers:

Clarion NX702 7" CD/DVD/MP3 Car Receiver w/ Bluetooth & HD Radio

Otherwise, you'll probably have to roll the dice with the Alpine double-din. To be honest, though, nobody's built-in nav wowed me in any way shape or form. It wasn't until I got the Advanced App Mode in my Pio that I was able to be happy since I can now run Waze (which really hasn't let me down yet). But we both know about Pio and SQ :/

Not sure how you're going to get optical out on anything new, but the interface on this one is very sweet and does include active crossovers:
Clarion NX702 7" CD/DVD/MP3 Car Receiver w/ Bluetooth & HD Radio

Otherwise, you'll probably have to roll the dice with the Alpine double-din. To be honest, though, nobody's built-in nav wowed me in any way shape or form. It wasn't until I got the Advanced App Mode in my Pio that I was able to be happy since I can now run Waze (which really hasn't let me down yet). But we both know about Pio and SQ :/
Yes... I have a avic-x930bt :/ Great NAV!

Average SQ at best...

I may try the Clarion, I heard it in a dudes car not too long ago... was pretty nice, not a crazy amount of detail though...

Thanks neo.

The alpines are going DIRT cheap on ebay LMAO... so hard to walk away from those prices

Yes... I have a avic-x930bt :/ Great NAV!Average SQ at best...

I may try the Clarion, I heard it in a dudes car not too long ago... was pretty nice, not a crazy amount of detail though...

Thanks neo.

The alpines are going DIRT cheap on ebay LMAO... so hard to walk away from those prices
When prices are consistently that low, though, I have to think there's a reason why. I'm sure what the HU lacks in detail, the PS8 will be able to bring a lot of it back.

I think what you should probably do is look at how much your wife already integrates her phone into her driving experience. Especially if it's an iPhone and she runs basically everything from it, it might just be worth it to put in something like my 8400. I'm sure you're the SQ nut of the family (takes one to know one), but she might just need a simple UI. Never met yours, but I know my wife pretty much REQUIRES something easy to operate. She already calls me when she borrows my car asking how to turn down the bass...smh.

When prices are consistently that low, though, I have to think there's a reason why. I'm sure what the HU lacks in detail, the PS8 will be able to bring a lot of it back.
I think what you should probably do is look at how much your wife already integrates her phone into her driving experience. Especially if it's an iPhone and she runs basically everything from it, it might just be worth it to put in something like my 8400. I'm sure you're the SQ nut of the family (takes one to know one), but she might just need a simple UI. Never met yours, but I know my wife pretty much REQUIRES something easy to operate. She already calls me when she borrows my car asking how to turn down the bass...smh.
Yeah... I hear that. But she rocks and android and I run an iphone... the Clarion can handle both with a decent user interface lol

Also I am a firm believer in "garbage in garbage out" the ps8 can't generate detail that isn't there. It can color the sound and enhance levels all day long though.

I was running a Avic-f900bt and pretty much hated it. It would take forever to boot up, I would be at the corner store before I could use it. I'm glad you asked this I'm curious as well . It came factory in my 09' scion XB rs6. I wish it did not .

I was running a Avic-f900bt and pretty much hated it. It would take forever to boot up, I would be at the corner store before I could use it. I'm glad you asked this I'm curious as well . It came factory in my 09' scion XB rs6. I wish it did not .
Glad to see another pioneer hater lol

I thought the 80prs and p99rs were both pretty good, but the train derailed on the double dins...

well west if you want the clarion hit me up ,it might be my next deck as well ,but i have a avhp 4100 and its pretty nice ,sounds great too,i bought it new 3 years ago ,switched from the flipout

yea i know , maybe since the ps8 has it maybe someone will make a better hu with it again
A lot of the processors have optical

bit 1, the 6to8, helix... just so few decks with it...

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

I didn't think DD and SQ could be used in the same sentence...get a nice single din with optical and a GARMIN for the dash.....LOL
I may go that route... LOL

i was just reading about the alpines and you have to get a adapter for the optical to be used
Yes

I saw that as well. It's NOT cheap either. Around 100$ because they changed the port on the deck. Greedy mofo's... a good optical cable is 15$...

Alpine can go and and blow me... LOL

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.