Brand new to this audio game. Looking for suggestions?

cynic

Hey! So, I'm getting my first car soon -- a Ford Fiesta, but I'm waiting for the spring 2014 model release -- and my dad went on about how he did all this stuff to his car and how it was my turn to do such to mine. As such, I've got some money for well, modifications. I'd rather not go over $1000, and I've been asking around.

As a 16-year-old, all of my friends are about the same age and interested solely in volume. I'd rather get something with sound clarity as well. I've heard about Memphis subs and Kickers at school, but figured some veteran audiophiles could help me out?

Well, I suppose I'd like to know some brands that are known for having clear sound. I'd probably only really push the volume on something when the abilities of the bass are questioned by a friend or classmate, heh. Also, what all should I really get? I know wires, amp, subs... Is there anything else I should get, and would it be able to be purchased for a total price under 1k?

Well, I suppose I'd like to know some brands that are known for having clear sound. I'd probably only really push the volume on something when the abilities of the bass are questioned by a friend or classmate, heh. Also, what all should I really get? I know wires, amp, subs... Is there anything else I should get, and would it be able to be purchased for a total price under 1k?
1k is a good start but you'll end up spending more prolly if u want a decent system.

Some good brands of amps are

Crescendo, dc, sundown, American bass, Memphis, and audioque.

Some good sub brands are

Dc, ssa, sundown, ascendant audio, mmats, audioque, American bass, and dd.

Good wire brands are

Audiotechnix, knukonceptz, stinger, shok industries.

There's lots of brands I missed I'm sure but its a start. Haha

You could get a crescendo bc2000.1 for I think its 379, 2 ab xfl 12s (that's what I have) for cheapz. Hit up mylows10 for a price. And a 0 gauge kit from knukonceptz for like 80$ or something. All for around 1k$ and you'd be decently loud.

You could get a crescendo bc2000.1 for I think its 379, 2 ab xfl 12s (that's what I have) for cheapz. Hit up mylows10 for a price. And a 0 gauge kit from knukonceptz for like 80$ or something. All for around 1k$ and you'd be decently loud.
Don't forget Subwoofer Enclosure

If you're for looking SQ ONLY, go sealed

If you're for looking SQ and SPL go ported

If you're for looking for SPL go ported

Alright, thanks. Fortunately, I've opted to wait for the 2014 to be released, so I've got a bit to hear different recommendations and whatnot.

Heh, got ninja'd. Alright, so sealed or ported for the enclosure, hm? Also, I'm fine with advice not to get a kicker sub, but what's the deal with them anyway? I mean, I've noticed they're square...

I spotted 2 L7 12"s with a high wattage (~4000+) amp for about 600 without enclosures.

Don't forget Subwoofer Enclosure
If you're for looking SQ ONLY, go sealed

If you're for looking SQ and SPL go ported

If you're for looking for SPL go ported
O ya forgot. He'd still have like 80$ left over. Can buy a sheet of NSF for 35 and kaulk for like 5 and screws so he'd have like exactly 1k spent. And what kinda car is that in ur avatar?

Alright, thanks. Fortunately, I've opted to wait for the 2014 to be released, so I've got a bit to hear different recommendations and whatnot.
Heh, got ninja'd. Alright, so sealed or ported for the enclosure, hm? Also, I'm fine with advice not to get a kicker sub, but what's the deal with them anyway? I mean, I've noticed they're square...

I spotted 2 L7 12"s with a high wattage (~4000+) amp for about 600 without enclosures.
They just ****. And yes if u want loud go ported for sq and accurate tight bass go sealed.

What's with the sealed recommendations? He's 16 and said he'd like to be able to call upon some output when needed. I doubt he's rolling into the MECA SQ finals this year.

With $1k...

I'd leave the stock HU in. Maybe even give the stock speakers a chance too (for now) and just add a sub stage.

I'd get a decent LOC like the AudioControl LC2i - $80

Solid 1k or so mono - $250ish

A good to great 600-750w sub like the Obsidian, Sundown, or Tantric - $150-225

Install will be a 1/0 wiring kit - $80

Big 3 kit - $50

And get some deadener - $100

You can get all of that from AudioTechnix.

That's like $700ish and a great start. That leaves $300 or so for install or box or whatever.

Thanks. If something's just barely pushing over 1k, I could go for it. I have 2k, but am saving a bit. I was going to get a 2013 mustang as part of a deal with my parents that said if I got a full ride to a university I could get one, but the insurance was more than the car note x.x

I'm pretty sure I could ask my neighbor to help me install -- he's modded cars quite a bit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.