Overcoming sealed off trunk

Participant count
  • Participant list

Dtrom
10+ year member

MAF
My Cadillac eldorado trunk is sealed off from the cabin. The back seats do not fold down and the trunk lid is motorized. I've already cut a roughly 3x3 inch square hole in the deck. Helped a lot. But the output from my last system still lacked. I need some opinions on anyway I can fix this problem. Take the 6x9s out of the deck perhaps? Anything else? I plan on making the hole that I already made a lil bigger.

My Cadillac eldorado trunk is sealed off from the cabin. The back seats do not fold down and the trunk lid is motorized. I've already cut a roughly 3x3 inch square hole in the deck. Helped a lot. But the output from my last system still lacked. I need some opinions on anyway I can fix this problem. Take the 6x9s out of the deck perhaps? Anything else? I plan on making the hole that I already made a lil bigger.
I would go with taking out the 6x9s. Seems like an easy option.

Get a new car

And yeah.. removing rear deck speakers in these types of cars is a must

It was my only option after the pressure coming from my trunk literally destroyed the suspension of the speakers (they froze up)

**** that *****, take out the 6x9s are the 6 10's going to fit in that boat
Yes they are //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

i take 6x9's out of every setup ive ever done helps with output quite a bit
Me too. I'm doing 6.5 all the way around

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

Get a new car
And yeah.. removing rear deck speakers in these types of cars is a must

It was my only option after the pressure coming from my trunk literally destroyed the suspension of the speakers (they froze up)
What vehicle?

6x9s will come out bigger hole will be cut. Trunk deadened n all that good stuff. I had a pair of Hcca 12s on 4k in the caddy before, and my single w7 13 in my eclipse was twice as loud. If not more.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.