Planet Audio

Participant count
  • Participant list
Are planet audio amps any good? Compared to Alpine, Rockford Fosgate, Kenwood Excelon, etc?
They aren't good anymore. Some, like the sub amp I just sold, used to be pretty good. The one I just sold is early 2000s, made in the USA, and pretty beefy. But I wouldn't generally buy a new Planet Audio amp, no. They got bought out, a quick Google search shows they are now equivalent to Boss Audio, which has always been terrible.

RF > Alpine >> Kenwood >>>> Planet Audio/Boss/Pyramid/Pyle/etc.

Could I use the Planet Audio AC1500.1M to power a single Rockford P3D410 and not blow it? I know it may not put out the rated power, but if it does can a rockford sub handle extra power? Also, what is a good comparably priced sub that can handle more than its rated power or match with that amp? This may be a duplicate post because I just tried to post with links but a moderator has to approve it...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.