Kicker dx1000.1

Jdk426

Hi guys I'm just wanting to know something. My current set up in my truck is 2 kicker cvt 12's in a 2011 f150 box. They are shallow mounts and I was actually somewhat impressed. They are powered by the kicker dx1000.1.

Now my real question because I ran across a great deal on a JL 10" W7 in an HO box. So question being will the dx1000.1 even push the W7 worth a flip? Will I have better sound with my current setup? I plan to get the jl 500/1 soon but is it ok to push the W7 temporarily with the dx1000.1 and which do you think would provide better sound on the dx1000.1 at the moment?

Thanks looking forward to hearing some of you guys input

You are gonna catch it for either one of your choice of subs. 1000 watts on two twelves should be better on 500 watts on one. Of course enlosure quality will have alot to do with that. There will be other brands recommended while they poke fun at you though. And even the recommended jl boxes built to specs...lol, is circumspect. You can find one good sub, sundown, dc, even american bass in 12inch dual 4, so you can achieve the 2ohm load to get the 1000wrms, in a properly built enclosure for the money you'll spend on the w7 in that...lol ho box.

Thank you for the advise. But we were all newbs at sometime and the w7 10" in the JL HO box he's asking 250. So what sub(s) would you suggest? Kicker and jl are household names agreed but I'm not real up to date on car audio this is my first system since high school when I had 4 jl 15's on a autotek 99 lol. I'm open to suggestions and JL is way overpriced. But give me some sub suggestions. I will upgrade amp down the road. I want it to bang but I'm not much for second batteries and modding my truck to make it happen.

Check the classifieds on here, check the subwoofer threads too. Like i said one good 12 in a custom ported box will blow your sox off. There are a couple of great box builders on here will build a wonderful box and do it at great price. Check with mylows10 on your sub, and pro-rabbit or double07, or ssteele18 for a good box. They can even recommend port tuning to squeeze every ounce of power out of that kicker.

The DX1000.1 will put out more clean power than a 500/1. It won't be quite the same signal quality, but on a substage your ear won't notice the difference.

The DX1000.1 will put out more clean power than a 500/1. It won't be quite the same signal quality, but on a substage your ear won't notice the difference.
This ^! And there is nothing wrong with jl subs. They're just over priced as hell!

This ^! And there is nothing wrong with jl subs. They're just over priced as hell!
This is true, people just need to stop being under the impression that they are the loudest and best sounding subs in the world. They are neither. That's why there is a stigma that all JL owners are idiots.

This is true, people just need to stop being under the impression that they are the loudest and best sounding subs in the world. They are neither. That's why there is a stigma that all JL owners are idiots.
Wait... I thought they were?? Lmao sorry

It's the ignorance from some of the owners boasting in everyone's face about they're the best. Jl subs that is

Wait... I thought they were?? Lmao sorry
It's the ignorance from some of the owners boasting in everyone's face about they're the best. Jl subs that is
Yes, I'm meeting a local today that's selling his W7 10. Said it's the loudest single 10 out there, and walks all over Solo Xs. I've owned a Solo X 10 before and there's no way. Anyways, I said if it would keep up w/ my "little" RF 15s, I'd buy it on the spot. Look at my sig, should be a fun evening.

Yes, I'm meeting a local today that's selling his W7 10. Said it's the loudest single 10 out there, and walks all over Solo Xs. I've owned a Solo X 10 before and there's no way. Anyways, I said if it would keep up w/ my "little" RF 15s, I'd buy it on the spot. Look at my sig, should be a fun evening.
Omg... Lol post a new thread about this. Not that we need confirmation but just for the fun of it!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.