Hate to be that guy but need some advice on a 10" setup

hokeyplyr48
10+ year member

I've been looking through the site for a couple weeks now and am looking to put a 10" subwoofer in the back of my 08 4runner. I already have an AV8400-BH head unit.

I'm looking to put in a 10" sub (small footprint) that has a lot of kick to it. Basically I'm looking for the best 10" setup. I'm guessing a 1k amp and a respectively matched sub.

From my reading it seems that people here are big fans of the sundown amps. I have been unable to find them for sale anywhere and the only places are on FS threads but those were months ago. I was looking at the Sundown SAX-1200D specifically.

I was originally looking at the JBL subs because they have a pretty high RMS value, but a lot of people here say there are better ones for the money.

I also assume I will need a capacitor and was guessing around 2 farads (1 farad per 500W RMS). Is this correct?

Lastly, are there any enclosures that are recommended? And can you put the amp inside the enclosure or should that be mounted elsewhere?

Any recommendations would be most appreciated as this is not my domain. Total price would be preferably under $1k.

I haz a hookup //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
What do you mean by this? Items for sale?

I would recommend not mounting your amp inside your enclosure. That would be very bad.
Thanks for the advice, I will mount it outside.

Aq1200 on a 12" ab xfl. Can both be had for under 400 and would get loud
Thanks for the info, I am looking around now. I would most likely stick with the 10" ab xfl, would the AQ1200D be overkill at that point?

I also assume I will need a capacitor and was guessing around 2 farads (1 farad per 500W RMS). Is this correct?
No. This is not correct. You do not need much of anything at that power level. Maybe a big three, but even that is probably not really necessary. Just make sure you have proper-sized power/ground wire, good grounds, and good connections in general.

No. This is not correct. You do not need much of anything at that power level. Maybe a big three, but even that is probably not really necessary. Just make sure you have proper-sized power/ground wire, good grounds, and good connections in general.
Gotcha. What do you mean by the big three? And what sizes are you recommending, 4AWG?

For an amp i would do the b2 quotta, hands down best amp in the power range and the price is right to at 250.00. An ia deathrow would be a great match for that amp or one of the new tantric subs. Or look into the an xfl, dc sundown aq fi aa dd ect. are all good brands to look into.

4 awg is fine for under 1000 rms. I love knuconcepts 4 gauge ofc. Stuff is seriously thick, and pretty dang flexible to boot. But you would be better off getting the 0 ga cca, than 4 ga ofc. ...leaves you more headroom if you decide to upgrade. Copper Cad Aluminum, Power Wire
As for the big three, there is a guide to it here http://www.caraudio.com/forums/wiring-electrical-installation-help/152355-official-caraudio-com-big-3-thread.html
Thanks for the link, I'll give it a read. Was looking for the FAQ threads...lol

For an amp i would do the b2 quotta, hands down best amp in the power range and the price is right to at 250.00. An ia deathrow would be a great match for that amp or one of the new tantric subs. Or look into the an xfl, dc sundown aq fi aa dd ect. are all good brands to look into.
Good god I thought I was used to acronyms being in the Army.... Alright the B2 Quotta amp seems good to go and easily available for $250. I found it on "wooferwarehouse". Is this place any good? Is there a FAQ around here for places people usually look?

What would be the difference between the IA Death Row vs the AB XFL? I would get the 10" AB XFL but the IA Death Row only goes as small as 12". Both require 1000RMS, 2000 max.

Thanks for the link, I'll give it a read. Was looking for the FAQ threads...lol

Good god I thought I was used to acronyms being in the Army.... Alright the B2 Quotta amp seems good to go and easily available for $250. I found it on "wooferwarehouse". Is this place any good? Is there a FAQ around here for places people usually look?

What would be the difference between the IA Death Row vs the AB XFL? I would get the 10" AB XFL but the IA Death Row only goes as small as 12". Both require 1000RMS, 2000 max.
Ya wooferwarehouse is a safe place to buy from. If u hit up the b2 facebook page and hit up jack sisco u might be able to get a better deal on it. Why not go with a 12 over a 10? U wont have that much of a difference in box size and ull gain more output. And this is just my opinion but i would take the ia over the xfl anyday.

All this product advice, and nobody has even asked the guy what his musical interests are? whether he is more interested in SQ or SPL ? whether he has considered the need to "balance" the subs with something up front?

holy fukkin personal faves and forum boner recommendation party //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

hokeyplyr48

10+ year member
hokeyplyr48
United States
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from