Opinions on this amp?

stay_high
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Florida
Hifonics HFi2000D (HFi 2000D) Class D Monoblock Car Amplifier/Amp

MB Quart ONX1.1500D - ONYX Class D Monoblock Car Amplifier/Amp

I need a amp that does around 1000 watt rms to power two 12 inch audioque sdc2.5s. Are these good amps that will do rated power? I wana the mb quart amp but im kinda wondering why its only 169.99. Also my subs are dual 4's wired parallel to 2 ohms so i need a mono correct? Also is it smart to buy amps off of craigslist? Do they go bad and lose power over time?

get a new ap 1500 ,cheaper too if your are looking for cheap.also 2 dual 4 ohm subs will give an end ohms reading of 1 ohm or 4 ohms , not 2. and yes you need an mono block amp.

wait a sec. Dual 4's waired parellel to 2 ohm= 1 or 4 ohms??? Which one is it lol cuz if its 4 ohm ill need a non mono amp lol whatever there called. Opinions on the hifonics amp?

wait a sec. Dual 4's waired parellel to 2 ohm= 1 or 4 ohms??? Which one is it lol cuz if its 4 ohm ill need a non mono amp lol whatever there called. Opinions on the hifonics amp?
2_4ohmDVC_1ohm.png

2_4ohmDVC_4ohm.png

each woofer to 2 ohms then wire them together to make 1 ohm ,and the hifonics ehhh,but why would you get used if you can get new for the same price or less

each woofer to 2 ohms then wire them together to make 1 ohm ,and the hifonics ehhh,but why would you get used if you can get new for the same price or less
The ones i linked arnt used but i would get it cheaper if i bough used

Im starting to think the subs are 2 ohm becuase im currently running them off a kenwood kac-7205 and the amps specs are "250 watts at 2 ohms 170 watts at 4ohms. It says nothing about 1 ohm so that means the amp woudnt work with 1 ohm subs correct? Therefore my subs must be 2 ohms.

takes like atleast 3 HO alts and 6 batts just to be get that ap1500 what it demands huh^^
not but im running a 92ah rear battery with a good starter and still dropping into the 12s. but i just ordered a redtop hopefully it helps

your amp dont determine what ohm your subs are your subs will determine what ohm load your amp will see. check the coils with a dmm to see what they read

well he'll be good with that amp its not going to be to tooo much load to hes electrical depending on what vehicle he has

not but im running a 92ah rear battery with a good starter and still dropping into the 12s. but i just ordered a redtop hopefully it helps

Those hifi amps are trash. The onyx over the hifi
Really? I always heard hifonics made great amps but i guess im wrong haha. Got any opinions on soundstream amps? Saw one earlier that put out 1100 watts rms at 2 ohms and it was 198.99 new.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.