T-line boxes

dontbeaprix
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Indiana
Can anyone explain in english the advantage of a t-line box? I tried searching around the internet and most info about them is above my head. I saw the video with the 6.5 imagine in a t-line box. Are thes good for sq or just to make subs sound louder or what?

maybe this will help.

for me they tend to get lower, need less power and sound great.

what i dont like is how big they need to be and im talking 1/4 wave.

I had RAM design me one for my 8" Trubass. Sounds just as loud as what I had.

I went from a 10" Massive Audio powered by a Kicker 400.1(rated at ~430RMS) to the Trubass 8" powered by a Xtant 3150x(specs were 200x1, underpowered by about 15-20% from what I have been told so ~240RMS)

Its just as loud as my 10" was, but as stated above the box is f'n huge for an 8"

They are designed more for a flat response and overall SQ. They will get loud but after the price of all the wood and the space it takes up you can get close to the same performance with just a well designed ported box

I hit a 138 with one 12 on 1k in a tline box in the trunk. that I have for sale. they drop lows with ease. You add the polyfil to the sub chamber to make it sound deeper ect.

It is so much easier to kill a speaker in a tline and it also doesn't seem like an spl type enclosure, at least from the experience i've had with them. They are a good choice for home. I don't know much about designing them but this is how big i had to make a tline for my idmax, its a 12.

DSC02066.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.