Sign in to follow this  
Reddish Neck

What do you think?

I just purchased these 2 subs and someone has me second-guessing. Can someone give me input on what they think of these 2 Kicker Comp 10s? And what kind of amp should I power these with?

dogchased.gif

well, they are single 4 ohm so you need an amp that does 300 rms at 2 ohms

an aq750 would power them quite nicely at 2 ohm.

but... whats your budget.

R.I.P. 2008 Hyundai Tiburon GS

2005 Subaru Baja turbo, build in planing stages.

uHtPX.gif

But are they good subs to start me off with? I know nothing about Kicker subs. I'm replacing my (1) MTX Thunder 3000 with these because I was not happy with the sound quality or power from the MTX which I got from a friend.

---------- Post added at 09:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

an aq750 would power them quite nicely at 2 ohm.

but... whats your budget.

My budget for an amp is $200ish

dogchased.gif

if your wanting sound quality you got the wrong subs. but the aq750 comes in just over 200 shipped.

R.I.P. 2008 Hyundai Tiburon GS

2005 Subaru Baja turbo, build in planing stages.

uHtPX.gif

if your wanting sound quality you got the wrong subs.

Avoid Kicker subs if you want sound quality.

What kind of box was the mtx in? I have played with the Road Thunders (older model w/red basket), Thunder 5500s, Thunder 6000s, Thunder 7500s and Thunder 9500s and sq was pretty decent on all of them except the road thunders.

giphy.gif

Well the MTX 3000 was the cheapest of the MTX brand, and I had this one in a custom box built to spec and it just didnt hit hard nor sound even decent. I looked up the Kicker Comps that I bought and ppl are saying they hit fairly hard and sound good, and efficient... So idk. Obviously I dont have them installed yet but when I do, if I dont like them I can always upgrade. i'm fairly new to car audio and the only reason I got Kicker was because a friend suggested them and they were on sale lol.

dogchased.gif

300 WATTS Bro, they arent going to hit to hard

2014 Ford Fusion SE 2.0T

JBL MS-8

Zapco ST-4X SQ, ST-1000XMii

IDQ12v4 1.8cu sealed

Alpine SPX Pro ring radiators

Hertz HV165XL

Knuconceptz OFC, Custom fit Soundrive RCAs.

My kicker kx400.1 will do 400rms at 2ohm. 125 shipped.

Current set up: 94 Toyota Chaser (1JZ motor) Kenwood 5907, 3 way active (Alpine DLX-Z30T Tweets, CDT 04's and 06's), Helix P Six DSP/Amp, 4 IDQ12's, MMATS D3000.1

66 Pontiac GTO, modified stock radio, Crossfire CFA 302, Kicker KS6.2's in the front kicks, Crossfire CFA 452 for the 6x9's I need.

perfect_edited-1.jpg

My kicker kx400.1 will do 400rms at 2ohm. 125 shipped.

I can buy one brand new for that price, and it's discontinued.

dogchased.gif

kicker subs bang if their l7 15's or solo x not weak a55 comps or cvr's

HU:Pioneer 80-PRS

Fnt&Rear Spkrs: 8 Neo-Pro-v.2 soon

Mid Amp: Sax-50.4& Sax-200.4

Subs: 4 Sundown Audio 18s Z v.4 tuned at 15hrtz

Amp: 2*NS-1s

batts:,xs2500,xs3000 x20

wire:0g OFC Audio Technix

alt: 3 HO alts from??? from mechman or singer?

537860_531893800167374_897377526_n.jpg

MBQuart Formula Series FX1.600

does 600w at 2 ohms, 120 bucks, shipped, GREAT deal

Get taken down to funky town

They arent high end subs, and perhaps could have been money better spent. But you still have potential.

Put them in a good box and I am willing to bet my bottom dollar they will surprise you. Lucky for you, I just so happen to do enclosure designs :)

I do stuff :)

well, they are single 4 ohm so you need an amp that does 300 rms at 2 ohms

Honestly, it is that simple. Any amplifier will work well with the correct power and correct hook up. I do recommend adding that the THD levels may be around 0.5% as well for a better choice than just shooting for wattage. Also, make sure if your shooting for very low frequencies, that it may need not have a subsonic filter, but one is always recommended. Also, check that the fuses rate for good amperes, 50A would be good for 300W amp, or (2) 25A....without getting too involved.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Contact me for more info:[/color][/i][/b]

Mobile Enclosures:http://mobileenclosures.com

Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mobile-Enclosures/134158593281463

YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/TheMobileenclosures