Can i fix my amp?

you think...? i mean alls im tryin to do is power a 10" loaded box.. kicker to be exact .. 300 max watts .. 150 rms.... its one speaker.. im limited on space.. what kind of amp should i get? im lost

You can try to find a shop and get a eval. most shops charge $25. and sometimes they might apply it towards the total cost to repair. Can they find the parts? who knows. but I know you can find something for $100 in Craigslist or even on here. Thats about what you might end up paying to repair that. and you might even get more power than 300 watts. have you looked at the classifieds on here yet?

MTX charges a flat rate fee of 95.00 to fix most of their amplifiers, If you had a bigger class D I think they are 150.00, and I think they do board swap so you pretty much get a new amplifier in your old heatsink..

MTX charges a flat rate fee of 95.00 to fix most of their amplifiers, If you had a bigger class D I think they are 150.00, and I think they do board swap so you pretty much get a new amplifier in your old heatsink..
so the OP just needs to find out if he wants to pay shipping and hope that all they charge him is $95.

but why did the amp fail? years of use or was it abuse?

The charge is that no matter what, atleast it was for the Monoblock I had and it was the one with 4 35a fuses 1700rms (4th or 3rd largest amp they make, I dont remember the model number off hand as its still sitting in the box from MTX lol.

The charge is that no matter what, atleast it was for the Monoblock I had and it was the one with 4 35a fuses 1700rms (4th or 3rd largest amp they make, I dont remember the model number off hand as its still sitting in the box from MTX lol.
i think it was the 7801?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.