Looking to Upgrade my Kicker Comp vr w new subs

rumdada
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Im running 2 kicker comp vrs 15' on a Alpine MRP-1000. They hit super hard and DEEP you can feel it standing 5 feet away from my car but im looking for something more punchy than deep. I got around $400 to spend on some new subs whats your recomendations?

what kind of car is it going in, how much space do you have to give up?
a 06 elantra n i have my 15's n a sealed box it pretty much takes up my entire trunk not sure how big it actully is but i got about 1 in in height left. I dont care much how big it is as long as it fits !

if you want i have 2 12" dd 1512s d2 with a custom built ported box with polyfil in it its coming out of a mustang truck so should work pretty well its about 2.5 cubic foot box like for 400 for subs n box subs are barely broken in around 25 hrs of play on em

just a warning: with goals as ambiguous as youve stated your going to have a hard time getting what it is your looking for (whatever exactly that is)
What do you mean? Those Kicker comp vr 15's hit deep but i want something thats a little more punchy they dont have to be as loud or as deep as the vr's

you may find a smaller sealed box will work better for you, and if you are lacking the deep crap you can add some poly fill... or start toying with ported boxes and single sub applications or smaller multi sub ones...

Im running 2 kicker comp vrs 15' on a Alpine MRP-1000. They hit super hard and DEEP you can feel it standing 5 feet away from my car but im looking for something more punchy than deep. I got around $400 to spend on some new subs whats your recomendations?
I lulz'd

whats that mean?
It means he's being a douche bag. If you want punchier bass, move to the square Kickers. They will get just as deep as your CVRs, but pack a lot more punch. Try the L5s (can be had cheap as Kicker just quit making them this year), or if you can upgrade your amp as well go for some L7s.

Welcome to the forum mr. dada.

I think people are struggling to understand exactly what you want. It would be helpful for you to measure your current box, your trunk dimensions, tell us your budget... when you say punchy, do you mean like you want more impact-y bass? You say the kickers hit very hard....

Please clarify a bit more //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

It means he's being a douche bag. If you want punchier bass, move to the square Kickers. They will get just as deep as your CVRs, but pack a lot more punch. Try the L5s (can be had cheap as Kicker just quit making them this year), or if you can upgrade your amp as well go for some L7s.
My system is laughable eh....?? lol thats cool and mature!!!! but yea i had a starter system last year some cheap *** duals which were poop but i got these from some one for cheap but there just not really accurate/punchy if you know what i mean. Ill look into those L5/ L7's

Also i have a sealed box i will meaure it when i get home after work

Welcome to the forum mr. dada.
I think people are struggling to understand exactly what you want. It would be helpful for you to measure your current box, your trunk dimensions, tell us your budget... when you say punchy, do you mean like you want more impact-y bass? You say the kickers hit very hard....

Please clarify a bit more //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I have a 2006 Hyundai Elantra and my budget is around 400 not trying to spend more than that. & im just looking for something that is a guess quicker in response & wont drag on with the bass note's the kickers sound a little muddy maybe i should tweak the settings on my amp? i have a MRP-1000 AMP

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.