Looking to upgrade 2022 Honda Accord Hybrid

Participant count
  • Participants list

beefeater267

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi

I'm new to car audio, so please forgive my ignorance. I have a 2022 Honda Accord Hybrid Sport. The stock system is OK, but I'm looking to take it up a level.

I'm definitely not looking for lots if bass. Just a slight increase. If I can get better bass with speakers without a sub, I'm all for that. And of course, an upgrade in mid and highs as well.

A few questions:

Anybody know the size speakers in this vehicle?

What are the specs of the stock speakers?

Could I get improvement with speakers without an amplifier? Perhaps I'd add one later due to cost.

Any recommendation? Cost isn't an issue. Just looking to upgrade the front speakers.

Hi

I'm new to car audio, so please forgive my ignorance. I have a 2022 Honda Accord Hybrid Sport. The stock system is OK, but I'm looking to take it up a level.

I'm definitely not looking for lots if bass. Just a slight increase. If I can get better bass with speakers without a sub, I'm all for that. And of course, an upgrade in mid and highs as well.

A few questions:

Could I get improvement with speakers without an amplifier? Perhaps I'd add one later due to cost.

Any recommendation? Cost isn't an issue. Just looking to upgrade the front speakers.

www.crutchfield.com

You don't have to buy from there but you can get alot of info from that site as far as speaker sizes and options. You also will likely need a t harness to tie into the factory system or a line output converter. Getting bass out of regular speakers is an effort of frustration and not worth trying unless you really want to go down that rabbit hole and spend a lot of time working on install

Stupid question.. when selecting an amplifier, I assume the number of channels is the number of speakers?

Ex: my car has 2 front lower speakers and 2 front tweeters, and 2 rears.

What # channel amplifier? Most of these i see are 4 channel. Wendys the deal here? Is the subwoofer a dedicated channel?

So, I would need 7 channels?

Stupid question.. when selecting an amplifier, I assume the number of channels is the number of speakers?

Ex: my car has 2 front lower speakers and 2 front tweeters, and 2 rears.

What # channel amplifier? Most of these i see are 4 channel. Wendys the deal here? Is the subwoofer a dedicated channel?

So, I would need 7 channels?

In most cases when you are replacing the front doors and tweeters you buy a component set which has each sides tweeter and mid married together through a crossover box. That means a 4 channel can push each corner of the vehicle minus the subs.

An amp isn't exactly gonna add bass to door speakers though. It can help clean up the sound by only letting theudrange play the proper frequency range instead of bass and upper highs where it distorts and doesn't sound clean.

In most cases when you are replacing the front doors and tweeters you buy a component set which has each sides tweeter and mid married together through a crossover box. That means a 4 channel can push each corner of the vehicle minus the subs.

An amp isn't exactly gonna add bass to door speakers though. It can help clean up the sound by only letting theudrange play the proper frequency range instead of bass and upper highs where it distorts and doesn't sound clean.

Can you post a link to what you'd recommend?

Bud what I would do and what you are capable of doing as well as willing to do is 2 completely different things.

I'd pick up an alpine type r component set and spend a fair bit of money on the install to proper aim, deaden, and treat the speaker locations, I'd then add a dsp to the signal chain so I could tune the system. I'd probably use an audiocontrol amp with the dsp built in. Feed the dsp with either a t harness or t into the factory system myself.

I'd throw a stereo integrity sql 12 in the trunk on an 750-1500w amp in a 1.1 cube enclosure or run an sql 15 infinite baffle on 750-1000w

Then again I personally would dive neck deep and use stereo integrity m25 mkii tweeters and tm65mkiv mids run a tive using the dsp to run them active and ditch the rear speakers entirely.

But I've got years of building and tuning experience and you likely don't so simple is the name of the game for you.

Alpine type r components, image dynamics ctx components, Memphis viv components, ddaudio c class components or even a class, hertz hsk or whatever took that lines place. Options are pretty much unlimited without a budget and goals

Hi

A few questions:

When I first started with upgrades, I purchased a harness that allowed me to add an amplifier by tapping into the factory wiring. It was a PAC brand harness. Great improvement without a lot of expense. Get the specs for your speakers before adding an amp. You don't want to blow them. I would contact Crutchfield.com for recommendations. Just my experience.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...