Connecting Two Lengths of 0/1?

Bettr n' Revrse
5,000+ posts

I do what I want
Hey guys I am gunna buy Knu's Flex cable 0/1 gauge kit which is CCA... but I need a few more feet of wire then what the kit provides so I was gunna buy a few extra feet but didnt know the best way to connect the two lengths? Can I solder it or what would that be the best idea? Also what fuse size for for a DD 2512's power... I was thinkin a 250?

No I dont wanna buy just the bulk wire and everything seperate cuz its way more expensive that way... Your help/advice would be appreciated!

Maybe a ring terminal on each end and then a bolt through the rings. You would protect the bolt of course.

Fuseholder

A fuse will add resistance, sure you can just place a piece of wire in between but it'll look kind of dumb.

Soldering 1/0 wires takes hella long time and you'll need a pretty powerful soldering gun to heat up all that copper. Crimping it with a 1/0 butt connector would be the easiest provided that he has an impact crimper or a big vise and some DIY knowledge.

A fuse will add resistance,
Not an appreciable amount.
Soldering 1/0 wires takes hella long time and you'll need a pretty powerful soldering gun to heat up all that copper.
Goes alot quicker when you use the right tool, like a torch.
Crimping it with a 1/0 butt connector would be the easiest provided that he has an impact crimper or a big vise and some DIY knowledge.
The best way is to quit being cheap and buy the right length of wire.

Well thanks for all the replies guys... I do have acces to a torch so there is that just didnt know if that would be the best way sense it aluminum... What is a braided splice? and I also looked at the stinger connecter too just dont know how well it works

Idk why I didn't think of this but a split bolt connector would probably work great if you happen to have some around you. They are probably quite a bit more expensive than one the Stinger (brass) couplers but you could find some in the maintenence shop @ your work place. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

The big ones I've seen are made from copper so that solves the resistance issue (if there ever was one)

I'm not sure what awg split bolt to use with what awg wire but a little research would reveal.

Funny thing is I have a couple 2/0awg split bolts in my toolbox that I have never found a use for... :p

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.