Rear Deck Factory Subwoofer Replacement

Participant count
  • Participant list

PhatTonyDeMarco
5,000+ posts

C0CK,its whats for dinner
My buddy has like an 05 Deville and there is a 10" factory sub mounted in the rear deck. It is blown and Cadillac wanted like $350 for a replacement. He wants to spend under $100 or so. The problem is I think he would need a sub that is reccomended for inifite baffle installs, no?

Tell me whats up, been a while since I been on here btw. YO!

Image Dynamics rates their subs for IB and their entry level line is affordable.

you'll need to verify the impedance of the existing sub to match that up. performance will vary as the factory Bose system really only works well with itself.

It depends. I've seen some factory installs that were IB and others that had a little pod/cup type enclosure that the sub mounted into. You're going to have to take a peek from the trunk and see if you can see an enclosure or the basket of the sub. Are you sure its a 10?

this iis my factory sub //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

benzo013.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.