my radio quit working after installing new power wire

Participant count
  • Participant list

dj73092
10+ year member

ok so i have been running my 720 watt amp with 10 gauge wire and it was cutting on and off so today i went out and bought a new 6 gauge wire and installed it and now my radio doesn't work i didn't touch anything but the amp and battery when changing the wire but my radio doesn't work still i checked all the fuses and they are still good i can't even get my radio to turn on and the display doesn't light up does anyone know what the problem could be? it's just driving me nuts and thanks in advance

also i forgot to mention my radio is a cheap vr3 from walmart but i don't think that would have anything to do with it but just so you know

also i forgot to mention my radio is a cheap vr3 from walmart but i don't think that would have anything to do with it but just so you know
Don't you love when you answer your own questions ! But check the fuse on the back of the headunit .

well there is no fuse on the back of the HU i've already checked but i don't understand it i've been running 2 12s off this radio for probably 6 months now with no problem except the wire being to small i know it's a shitty radio but it did get the job done earlier today before i changed my power wire

i checked the remote wire to but i didn't check the splice i have in it but i'm pretty sure that it didn't come undone but i'll go check that real quick

Nah bro, I was saying maybe your remote wire sent a spike of voltage to the head unit when you reconnected the amp. If your amps remote wire comes from the HU. But it never hurts to double check everything.

ok well it's a good thing you said something about the remote wire cuz i took the head unit back out and i'm guessing that when i pulled my old power cord out it caught the rca jack and ripped my hu power cord out of it's splice so now it's working thanks for saying something about the remote wire cause now since i fixed it it's working again yeah!!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

haha good bro Im glad. Yeah sometimes it comes to having to have to take shit apart brochacho //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

ya and i would have never found it if it wasn't for you saying something about the remote wire i had something similiar happen in my last car to but i didn't have subs then haha but thanks for your help man 8)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

dj73092

10+ year member
dj73092
woodbury, tn
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from