TBI tweets. Anybody ever heard of them???

You need to buy my earthquakes cuz they get loud and sound good and your a bitch //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

No one has picked them up for production yet, have they?

If so, let me know. I need a tweeter that I can cross at 1.6khz.
Are you mistaken for the ADI tweets? ... and **** that's low.

No one has picked them up for production yet, have they?

If so, let me know. I need a tweeter that I can cross at 1.6khz.
A guy on DIYMA has them installed in his 04 F-150, so yeah they are in production.

I run them in my wife's SUV that I use for SPL. What do want to know about them.

How do the sound? Are they laid back, or harsh? How much power do you have running to them?

A guy on DIYMA has them installed in his 04 F-150, so yeah they are in production.
Thats me! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I had them in my truck with ID OEMs run active for about a year. I liked that setup quite a bit, it was my first active setup. The tweeters are quite versatile, pretty smooth down to aorund 2.5k. They aren't the most detailed sounding, but not super laid back either. They dont' really do anything wrong. No listening fatigue after hours of listening. Top end response drops off a tad when crossed lower, might need a slight EQ bump but nothing major. Are they worth $200 new? No. But if you can get a used pair for a good deal, I'd go for it. Comparable/siimilar to the Seas Neo Aluminums.

The ID OEMs dont like playing much higher than 2k without beaming, so keep that in mind. Midbass monsters though in properly treated doors.

I'm prolly going to cross them @ 2.5khz.
Depending on where they are mounted, on/off axis, power etc you never know how they will sound crossed at certain frequencies. Play around with them at different locations, different settings until you find the best spot/settings for your particular vehicle/install.

fresh, dressed like a million bucks!

home_auto_tweet300.jpg

for 200 id look into the scan speak illuminators or helix RS..

crossing a tweeter that low while remaining loud is a terrible idea..

my only recommendation is the CDT es02. there great on axis...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.