Infinity Kappa 6x9 worth the money?

zmame

canada
Hello i am not sure what 6x9 to get for my self. I have 2000 GMC serria ext cab going to be putting them in 6x9 cabinets and placed in the rear. i have pioneer DEH-P4100 and no amp.

I like clearity and decent bass (doesn't have to blow the doors off).

Listen to alot of punk, metal, rock and stuff like that.

i was looking at Infinity Kappa 6" x 9" 2-Way Car Speaker (692.9I) is it worth $250??.. or is there anything that would compare for cheaper ?

Thanks,

Nick. s

I've had experience with both the Kappas and the Kenwoods (Our shop carrys Infinity,Pioneer,Alpine,Memphis, Kenwood and JL) and In my honest opinion the Kenwood are a bit shrill and lacking the correct music production. The Kappas are overpriced BUT in my opinion sound much more realistic when the tweeter is attenuated at the inline crossover, as well as at the HU due to the tweet being on the bright side. Given they are EQed correctly we've had great results with the Kappas. Out of all of the brands we deal with, the Pioneer D-series is still my overall favorite in that specific price range. Very detailed, especially after tweet burns in. Vocals and instruments shine on these sets.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.