which HU is better?

BeAlLsTaR13
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
New York
well, my gf wants a deck for her stratus, so i figured i would get her one for christmas.. i was at best buy today and she was looking around and saw these:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_105KDHDR20/JVC-KD-HDR20.html?search=JVC&ssi=0&searchdisplay=JVC&tp=5684&tab=features_and_specs

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113MP242/Kenwood-KDC-MP242.html?tp=5684&tab=features_and_specs

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Alpine+-+45W+x+4+In-Dash+CD+Deck+with+Flip-Down+Detachable+Faceplate/9176198.p?id=1218045946194&skuId=9176198&st=alpine&cp=1&lp=10

which of the above would be the best one? im looking to spend roughly about 100$ +/- a bit, im obviously gonna be able to get them for less than their listed prices, either ebay, here or other forums.. looking for new, but which would be the best choice?

here's basically what is what we would like to have:

-aux input (for ipod) not direct connection needed

-cd player

-at least 4 preouts (voltage doesnt matter tbh).. gonna end up adding at least 2 amps, speakers(can use splitters)/subs eventually

or any other suggestions?

You said $100 +/-. The JVC is $130 and it comes with all the necessary install gear. It's a hell of a deal...
thats true, ill deffinatly keep this in mind, it sounds pretty legit, you know of anyone who has used one before?

thats true, ill deffinatly keep this in mind, it sounds pretty legit, you know of anyone who has used one before?
Nope, but I've used plenty of JVC cd players in the past and have been satisfied with them. This one is nice as hell even if you discredit the bongiovi gimmick. It has a lot of features, looks nice and the price is good...

yeah i plan on using the stock speakers for now, so i wouldnt use that bongiovi feature, she prolly wouldnt know how

it does sound like a deal considering it was once 600+ lol... ill deffinatly look into it, just wanna get some more input from others

actually heard this h/u with the Bongiovi activated in a old F-250 diesel sounds very good and way cleaner then just gettin some random h/u to replace factory. I can't imagine how clean it might sound with full set of amped comps

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.