My ipod dies when left in the cold :(

RJesus
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Philly
When I leave my ipod in my car overnight, or while I'm at school and its cold out, the battery dies. It could have a full charge, and if left in the cold, it will say it has a low battery and turn off until it warms up.

Its a paint to have to bring my ipod into the house with me, and I really don't want to bring it to class or work with me.

Is there any alternative to an ipod that can withstand freezing winters and hot summers?

I'm thinking maybe I could take apart a desk top and mount it inside my dash. Get a small screen and hook it up to my cd player via AUX port.

Will this have shitty sound quality?

I just want something that can hold huge amounts of music and be left in my car.

When I leave my ipod in my car overnight, or while I'm at school and its cold out, the battery dies. It could have a full charge, and if left in the cold, it will say it has a low battery and turn off until it warms up.
Its a paint to have to bring my ipod into the house with me, and I really don't want to bring it to class or work with me.

Is there any alternative to an ipod that can withstand freezing winters and hot summers?

I'm thinking maybe I could take apart a desk top and mount it inside my dash. Get a small screen and hook it up to my cd player via AUX port.

Will this have shitty sound quality?

I just want something that can hold huge amounts of music and be left in my car.
Plug it into your 12V power source. I leave mine in my car full time, plugged in to my 12V power source, and all is good. In fact, even when the iPod's battery life is over, it will still work fine when plugged in to your car's 12V power source.

IPods are notorious for having horrible battery life after long period of use. My advice is to get an external HD or get a newer generation iPod.
Thats not the problem at all........

like I said, once the ipod warms up, the battery life comes back.

Plug it into your 12V power source. I leave mine in my car full time, plugged in to my 12V power source, and all is good. In fact, even when the iPod's battery life is over, it will still work fine when plugged in to your car's 12V power source.
same here my is always on. the pioneer box keeps a 12v alll the times. never have a dead ipod

you could wrap it in a sweatshirt or blanket, google ipod warmers they do make them

I have went through 2 ipods because of this and now I just realized that I just need to bring it in the house..lol.
You and MikeyF are doin' something wrong, then. Yes, batteries do lose capacity when cold, but they don't just die altogether.

You should be able to freeze your iPod, plug it into your 12V power source, and it should work. The display might read slow, but the audio should work fine.

Electronics actually love cold. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

let it warm up for 10 minutes in the morning...o wait, an ipod. yea dude just buy the adapter for cigarette lighter and it should be all good.

Electronics actually love cold. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
Batteries do not love cold temps FYI //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

What, are you serious Dr. Peeb? Cold is horrible for batteries, try leaving a digi cam, or a video camera with the battery in it as well, and leave it in your car when it's below 32 outside, and it WILL effect it. You can't say that were wrong, when you live in Florida, and don't experience the cold weather we do....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.