White noise (hiss) with LOC.

Participant count
  • Participant list

cwzilly
10+ year member

Hates distortion
I have a Line Output Converter that I use to connect my amplifier(s) with RCA. Its a Maxxsonics MX-1, not one of those cheap plastic models.

From volume 0 (no music sound) to as high as I wish to go I get a constant "hissing" noise, or also called white noise (much like the noise you get on a blank local TV channel). This is a big let down, because this is why I installed the LOC in the first place, to use RCA cables.

Is this normal for LOCs? JL Audio CleanSweep, AudioControl, Phoenix Gold... ?

I unplugged my RCA cables, and the noise goes away.

I re-grounded my LOC to the headunit ground. No better.

Sadly, the hiss sounds the same, or even worse, than when high had my speaker level inputs connected directly to the amplifier.

And on a final thought, the LOC I am using is: Maxxsonic MX-1; could it be that the MX-1 just is not that good (I can't find any reviews)?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.