everything hooked up right, but no power to the amp

oneightseven

im runnin a kicker cvr 15 with a kicker ix405d amp bridged, i had it hooked up sloppy, then took it all out, carpeted the box and cleaned up all the loose wires and now am getting no power to the amp. Have terminals on the 12v ground and rem, all the fuses are good as is the ground. Any ideas??//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

Go to power and ground on the amp and take a dmm and put it on dc voltage and see if you get a reading down there. If its not its gonna be your positive wire. If not i'd go with remote wire

I second test wires with a DMM, and check for missing fues's. Also, check to make sure your fuse is still good, with the DMM. I had one that looked good but was slightly broken could not see the crack in it without looking under a microscope. Took me a day to figure that one out.

yeah all fuses are good, none missing checked em all. the amp light doesnt turn on at all i onno wtf is up, **** was workin 30 mins before i took it out. The only **** that happened in that time was wen i re-ran the rem line and touched the chasis n poped a lil 10amp fuse, n replaced it, other than that, i just pulled the **** out n put it back in

fried the remote out from the deck maybe. jump the amp power to remote terminal and see if it powers up. Then get a test light and test from remote out off deck and see if it lights up when you turn on car. I bet you fired the deck rem output

fried the remote out from the deck maybe. jump the amp power to remote terminal and see if it powers up. Then get a test light and test from remote out off deck and see if it lights up when you turn on car. I bet you fired the deck rem output
x2

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.