bass knob on everything?

The amp has a bass knob
the lc2i has a bass knob
the PAC Audio AmpPRO has a bass knob

which do i want to run to the front of my vehicle?
None?? I keep them near the item. There is enough to keep me occupied with my driving, without adding another. I set them to my preference, and make changes when i have some down time with my car parked in the driveway. Just my preference.

of course you turn the bass up and down depending on the track? or other factors?
in any case, which knob am i supposed to have up front if i wanted to have that control?
thanks

Last edited:
Depends on the type. Some of them actually boost a designated frequency, like 40, 50, 60 hz etc. Some actually control a band of frequencies and others are just remote volume control for whatever you have the amp tuned to in the first place. I'm with the others, set the amp up correctly to begin with, leave it and forget it. The only exception to that rule for me is if you didn't have the ability to boost the bass frequency from the HU or you simply like to crank the bass on some songs and not on others. Still, figure out what your "knob" is doing (no wisecracks) and go from there as to what the endgame is and whether you actually need it accessible.

If your amps has a clip light id use that one.

If you think you may be switching amps often, use the audiocontrol one, bc then you won't have to switch the bass knob.

Either way will accomplish the same thing. Use whichever one you like better. I wouldn't suggest the ampro one.

None?? I keep them near the item. There is enough to keep me occupied with my driving, without adding another. I set them to my preference, and make changes when i have some down time with my car parked in the driveway. Just my preference.
Agreed, set them, and forget them! If setup properly, you shouldn’t need to adjust on the fly……back in the day we didn’t have bass knobs….yet our systems hit hard and sounded really good….i found using a audio control 2xs , I would dial in my system then forget it…..

Agreed, set them, and forget them! If setup properly, you shouldn’t need to adjust on the fly……back in the day we didn’t have bass knobs….yet our systems hit hard and sounded really good….i found using a audio control 2xs , I would dial in my system then forget it…..
? Sure we did, bass knobs were called screwdrivers!

Last edited:
I use my bass knob all the time for demos. My subwoofer is actually way way too much for the front stage I have, so normal music listening level I have the knob turned down a bit. Most people have more subwoofer than front stage. Some of the music people listen to is strictly for the bass, like DJ rusticals kind of stuff. Seems like a big thing recently is floating bags and objects in the window with low test tones. There is definitely a use for a bass knob.

I have a knob for my main subs and another knob for my front sub...it wouldn't be the end of the world to knobless...but they're convenient to have instead of digging into the hu settings on the fly

Still learning to do separate tunes and saving them for certain type of listening, seems to be enough to take in at the moment. Use the ACR3 "knob" to switch around, listener dependant. That said, I still mounted the DS18 Hooligan "knob" though I rarely use it, Usually on old rock where the bass isn't as well recorded/pronounced. Can't have too many tools.

Last edited:
I use bass knob all the time. Some songs it's almost all the way down. Some stuff, 80s music, it's all the way up.
Different songs bass levels vary like crazy.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...