In the market for an older charger

Participant count
  • Participant list

thedukey42
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I have a buddy looking into buying a charger, been looking about 3 weeks now. He's starting to get serious about the charger in the link below

http://classicautoauction.net/ItemDetail.php?Item_ID=250&cart=lssMbDfH&DoThis=New+Listings&ActionReq=Where

Wondering if its a good deal and if there's anything he needs to look into or ask about the car

Also, he would fly out to the car and drive it back to ohio, is this car worth that?

They are asking $12,500 for the car

I might be picking up a 72 SE plum crazy purple one for 2500 tommorow, ill post pics if i do. I wouldnt pay that much for it, find one that needs a little work for less and customize it to your liking.

Book it out and see what its worth, Shouldn't be to terribly much since '70 was the last year for true muscle cars.

I hate that orange //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif mostly because it reminds me of the general lee

I wouldnt risk the flight out to buy the car, but if he does, tell him to take a magnet and look for bondo. shitty body work will just be a pain in the ass down the road

I might be picking up a 72 SE plum crazy purple one for 2500 tommorow, ill post pics if i do. I wouldnt pay that much for it, find one that needs a little work for less and customize it to your liking.
x2

Thanks guys, talked him out of that car. I'll tell him to do the magnet to look for bondo work, good call there!

Hopefully he takes the next couple months to keep searching before pulling the trigger. He's not settled on a 70, just a charger within a couple years of that model.

Thanks a lot for the input

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.