Shok Industries Wire

bumpin buick
5,000+ posts

Science is everything
A new company by the name of SHOK Industries is hitting the USA. I have gotten some sample wires to test out and would like to share my findings with you guys. I will let the pictures do most of the talking but I could not say enough about this product. It is literally a fraction of the price compared to anything that comes close to it.

The Wire

IMG_4413.jpg

IMG_4414.jpg

I tried to get as clean of a cut on each wire as I could but some simply do not cut as clean as others I have come to learn. Here are a few to give comparisons.

American Bass 1/0 vs Shok(right)

IMG_4415.jpg

Shok vs KNU Koncept KLMX, it is kind of a optical illusion as the shielding on the KLMX is smaller it makes it look as though there is a larger amount of wire. I can get more pictures with measurement but the Shok actually has over 1000 strands more and is copper not the clad junk //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

IMG_4418.jpg

Stinger Pro Hex vs Shok

IMG_4422.jpg

Stinger HPM vs Shok

IMG_4420.jpg

IMG_4444.jpg

IMG_4446.jpg

My honest take on the wire is this. As far as size and flexibility it beats everything besides Stinger HPM, which I would say it is right on par with in both categories. The big difference is HPM sells anywhere from $5-$7 a foot online and as high as $8-$9 a foot at high end retail stores. Russ's product seems to match in both flexibility and size while having over 1000 more strands, for literally a fraction of the price. Another large difference is that Shok wire is copper while the Stinger is Copper Clad, so that means there is less resistance and more current travel capabilities in the Shok wire. I look forward to using it in an application to get a further judgment but for the sample piece is very "shoking" lol but for real it is great.

Current Prices are

129.99 per 50' roll and shipping is a flat rate 13.95

Also the CCA that Shok offers is 4700 strands compared to the 5200 in their competition series. These run $80 a roll plus the same 13.95 flat rate fee. Here are a few pics of that wire which is even more flexible.

In blue vs the competition shok (red)

IMG_4440.jpg

IMG_4457.jpg

IMG_4456.jpg

IMG_4458.jpg

Shok vs KNU Koncept KLMX, it is kind of a optical illusion as the shielding on the KLMX is smaller it makes it look as though there is a larger amount of wire. I can get more pictures with measurement but the Shok actually has over 1000 strands more and is copper not the clad junk //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
I take it you've counted both to verify //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I take it you've counted both to verify //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Nope just going by what they have both stated. Figured thats good enough for me, also to the eyes its clear there is more, not sure if the camera can really pick that up though. Ill show you this week at the show //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

dude you are comparing the wrong wires.. you need to compare the shock to the knu flex.. the shok is still 20 or so cheaper but thats what you need to compare.. not shoks top wire vs knus bottom wire..

Nope just going by what they have both stated. Figured thats good enough for me, also to the eyes its clear there is more, not sure if the camera can really pick that up though. Ill show you this week at the show //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Unacceptable Matt. I expect video proof of you counting each strand //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Definitely bring some as I'd like to check it out...

My bad, I was simply doing it as a comparison to wires I had laying around. Well lets compare the KLMX to the Shok CCA, 4700 strands from the Shok while the KLMX has around 4200. And dont leave out high flexibilty compared to the KLMX.

As for the Flex vs the Competition wire

5145 Tinned OFC vs 5200 copper. Once again seeming to be better product, at a better price.

Anyone who has used KLMX will agree it is some stiff stuff, specially for how small the jacket is. As for the Flex vs Shok Comp, comparable in flexibility while using better materials at a way better price. Knu flex is $3.40 a foot right now plus shipping. Shok comes out to be under $3 a foot after shipping.

cut it.. and start counting man.. better hope its not windy
Unacceptable Matt. I expect video proof of you counting each strand //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Definitely bring some as I'd like to check it out...
If I get bored enough this weekend, I just may, just to see how accurate the companies are. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I know its sad but its going to be a boring weekend.

My bad, I was simply doing it as a comparison to wires I had laying around. Well lets compare the KLMX to the Shok CCA, 4700 strands from the Shok while the KLMX has around 4200. And dont leave out high flexibilty compared to the KLMX.
As for the Flex vs the Competition wire

5145 Tinned OFC vs 5200 copper. Once again seeming to be better product, at a better price.

Anyone who has used KLMX will agree it is some stiff stuff, specially for how small the jacket is. As for the Flex vs Shok Comp, comparable in flexibility while using better materials at a way better price. Knu flex is $3.40 a foot right now plus shipping. Shok comes out to be under $3 a foot after shipping.
knu has rolls too.. 3.25/ft+shipping if you buy a 50ft roll

i don't think the klmx is stiff but i am not making sharp as turns..
Heres an idea to compare stiffness to some of the wires. I have not made a vid yet of the CCA from Shok. I know this is not a very scientific test, then again running wires is not very scientific lol.

I have a lot of sharp turns in my engine bay to get the wire to the small hole I have ( I hate cutting fire-walls) Wire is very comparable in flexibility to the Stinger HPM I love so much, but literally a third the price, which is why I was amazed by it and thought id introduce it to others as well.

so Knu flex is 178.49shok is 143.94
Yep or you could put the CCA up against he Knu Flex as it is more inline with it imo. Copper clad vs aluminum clad. I think the 4700 vs 5100 strands will even out due to the better materials as it is a proven fact of the higher conductance/lower resitance in copper. All though I have no scientific means of proving this, its been proven in the past. But then you are comparing 93.95 a roll to 178.49 a roll, and comparing it to KNU which is allready the most affordable wire I find this company to be a great choice.

As of right now the compeitition wire is not for sale in the US at the moment so the CCA is really the best to compare to either way.

Guess im just trying to open peoples eyes up to a great options available.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.