Shok Industries Wire

Its open to everyone's opinion, I mean run what ever you guys prefer, more power to you.

Just trying to show there is another possibility available at a good price that not many people are aware of. Guess I am just trying to pass on the good news/connection.

Got a few comp cars for world finals running this wire, maybe that will get the name out?

IMG_4512.jpg

IMG_4513.jpg

I will be running shok for my upgrade //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif...wont be replacing my knu, just all additional 1/0 gauge will be shok

be careful of shady dealings with this wire
Please, explain yourself with this vague attack.

I have a 50ft spool of the CCA 1/0 sitting in my room, it's very flexible and good looking wire, and very cheap. Flexibility is really a blessing, as ya'll know

And Russ is freaking top notch when it comes to anything, especially with any troubles you might have with his company.

If you think something's shady, why don't you contact Russ himself and ask/tell him what bothers you? I'm sure he'd be much obliged to explain/talk to you.

My bad, I was simply doing it as a comparison to wires I had laying around. Well lets compare the KLMX to the Shok CCA, 4700 strands from the Shok while the KLMX has around 4200. And dont leave out high flexibilty compared to the KLMX.
As for the Flex vs the Competition wire

5145 Tinned OFC vs 5200 copper. Once again seeming to be better product, at a better price.

Anyone who has used KLMX will agree it is some stiff stuff, specially for how small the jacket is. As for the Flex vs Shok Comp, comparable in flexibility while using better materials at a way better price. Knu flex is $3.40 a foot right now plus shipping. Shok comes out to be under $3 a foot after shipping.
I understand you're advertising your buddy's company here... but what are you talking about? How do you know it is better materials?

nG

I understand you're advertising your buddy's company here... but what are you talking about? How do you know it is better materials? 

nG
Well here is how I justify something as better.

Pure Copper Vs. Tinned Copper

Advantages to pure copper - higher conductivity

This is proven that soft annealed copper resistance is 891.58ohm at (mile, pound) @ 20°C while identical tinned copper holds a resistance rating of 1024.45ohm at (mile, pound) @ 20°C

The one advantages to tinned copper is that it is corrosion resistant

But due to the companies oxygen-free high conductivity copper which has a new and different tight twist pattern for maximum current, corrosion is something that should not pose as much of an issue.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.