What kind of electrical for around 7000 watts rms?

I am going to be running 2 ap30001d amps and 1 mb quart 800 watt
Holy ****...

How long do you plan on running it for? Vehicle on or off? I'd get 1 or 2 High-Output alternators, 200A-300A each; that'll supply about 4400W- 6600W. From there you're gonna need an enormous bank of batteries. You'll also need probably 3-4 runs of 1/0AWG.

http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KFX0BL

Any more info on equipment?

not really. u can run it off one good ho alt, and about 400 ah worth of batteries. you don't need a HUGE bank of batts, just a couple decent batts, lots of good, big wire, and a ho alt.

not really. u can run it off one good ho alt, and about 400 ah worth of batteries. you don't need a HUGE bank of batts, just a couple decent batts, lots of good, big wire, and a ho alt.
There's a difference between being able to run a system, and being able to run it well. I prefer the latter.

250a

4 C&Ds

1 good upfront batt

4 1/0s

thats my plan for 8K+

we'll see if more is needed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Holy ****...
How long do you plan on running it for? Vehicle on or off? I'd get AT LEAST 2 High-Output alternators, 200A-300A; that'll supply about 4400W- 6600W. From there you're gonna need an enormous bank of batteries. You'll also need probably 3-4 runs of 1/0AWG.

http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KFX0BL

Any more info on equipment?
i know over kill is very good when it comes to electrical but you cant be serious! hell just 1 HO 300 amp alt with an decent batt will supply over 4kwrms jesus!

he didnt say 17kwrms!

i know over kill is very good when it comes to electrical but you cant be serious! hell just 1 HO 300 amp alt with an decent batt will supply over 4kwrms jesus!
he didnt say 17kwrms!
He gave us very little information. I always design electrical systems with extreme pessimism. I assume that everything will be inefficient, and will be playing for long periods of time. I know it's not necessary, but vague questions often get misinterpreted results.

AT LEAST 2 HO Alts that are 300a?
thats a bit overkill lol.
Lawl. Didn't mean to put at least there. I'll edit that //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.